Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th

+3
Scimmia
Svander
Droxia
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th Empty 10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th

Post  Droxia Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Frost I know created a 10 man group for Friday. From the looks of it...we only have 9.

I'm asking here because my time will be odd this week as I will be moving. I may not make it.
I also am guessing you want me to heal? (Don't really want to heal 10 man Naxx, would rather DPS, but I'll do what is needed.)

The point of this thread? of the other 8 of you, who is going to be there on Friday? And what are we missing group wise?

-Droxia

Droxia

Back to top Go down

10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th Empty Re: 10 Man Naxx for Friday, March 20th

Post  Svander Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 pm

I will participate, not sure as a lock or a DK yet.

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Svander since you have your own gchat (and by the looks of things Frost made you raid assistant) you think you can hound the others and confirm they will be there.

I personally have few reasons to go back to 10 man, Naxx (no serioiusly, I don't. I don't even think I need offspec for enhanement gear...elemental...different ball of wax I'm crazy, I need a few more things for enhancement!) I just don't want to feel I'm wasting time on Friday. I just want to go in, clear it, than pack up my computer. I'll probably be off of WoW after that run for a few days. Until internet is set up at my new place.

Last edited by Droxia on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did more homework and found out I was dead wrong.)

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 am

I'll be there. It mentions something in the invite about trying undying, which means it should be a fast run if all goes well... Also means we need the right class setup.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:11 am

I question being able to do Undying. (because honestly we haven't really run as a group - well I haven't run with half of you) Would like a shot at it though.

Just remains who will be number 10...

Because I'm at work - what is the current roster/make up anyway?

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Current people who accepted the invite. This is it so far. I put you as healer Drox, but if you want to dps we need 3 other heals then. Still need another tank if Liri is going on her lock rather than soli. Thanks!

Tank: Scimmia (druid)
Tank:
Heal: Droxia (Shaman)
Heal:
Heal:
DPS: Frostine (mage)
DPS: Apoc (druid)
DPS: Lirixia (lock)
DPS: Svander (lock)
DPS:

We could really use a pally and priest.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:59 pm

I'd say contact Liri in game. I'd also say talk to Svander and between the three of you dedicate who will be the tank and who will bring the deeps.

I agree with needing a priest or pally. Heigan will not be fun if I'm the only one cleansing. And while we do have a frost mage, i question who may help her kite gluth. So maybe a hunter is in order?

I think Aitkin was on the list also (Pally) and last time I was with him was to kill a world dragon - he was a tank than. So that might fix the tank issues if neither lock wants to tank.

Who else is missing from this list? I know I haven't accepted because I'm still not solid as far as what my moving/game time situation will be tomorrow night. I may be packing more stuff as early as tonight to move to my new place tomorrow (although I do want to go, as I mentioned, there are things that I want from Naxx 10 for my enhanement offspec.)

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 am

Well, I could go as lock or DK. I am not locked as either yet. I had an opportunity to run with DOS in a 10 last night when the 25 could not get enough people but I decided to hold off and be flexible.

I do not mind tanking as the DK and I think I have better DK defense gear still, but I am specced such that I can go back and forth between tank and dps just by changing my armor.
(22/44/5 Frost - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Nyctalope)

So if we are lacking a lock I will go as Svander, if we are lacking melee I will go as Nyctalope.

That would be great if we could pull off no deaths. I am not going to be too annoyed if we blow that though.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:26 am

Well as I said, Discuss with Lir and see who has the better gear (lock and DK) and have one go as one, and the other as the other. Melee dps is just as important as caster. If you're as versatile as you say you are...than you might be better as Nycatalope than as Svander. Bigger issues are who the other healer(s) are and if we have any other melee DPS. Wasn't Darkprowler invited as well?

Also after speaking with Phantom - Undying/Immortal isn't about DPS. It's about dying...or more the lack thereof. Just because the note says some of us can push 2.6k in dps, doesn't mean it seals the deal. It will however make things easier. Example of this is the safty dance. If some of us can't dance, than it's GG with that achievement.

In anycase, wether or not you've gotten the safety dance, I'd rather just look at this as a full clear run. If we're going to try for achievements, than something says a pre-game is in order.

That said, who is number 10? And who can not make it? It's one day before and we might as well start getting things ready now.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:43 am

Tank: Scimmia (druid)
Tank: Solinyx (DK)
Heal: Droxia (Shaman)
Heal:
Heal:
DPS: Frostine (mage)
DPS: Apoc (druid)
DPS: Svander (lock)
DPS:
DPS:

Those are all who are coming at this point, let me know if you someone who knows the fight to fill the spots. priest and pally as said before. Ranged dps will make a lot of the fights easier.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm gonna throw in the fact that we may need a boomkin also (so long as he's speced for improved fairie fire). As far as priests go, I personally wouldn't mind a shadow priest over a holy or discipline priest. Like the boomkin, my only requirement of the shadow priest is that they has speced for Misery. In both cases, the reason for this request is mostly for "hit" reasons for anyone who isn't capped.

We still however need to solve the healing issue.

Holydrisst was on last night and said he may be able to go so long as his drunken antics didn't get too out of hand. While at times I'm not much of a betting man, I'm willing to bet between the two of us we should be ok for heals - provided holy can go.

Than there is the DPS issue.

We're about 3 short. I honestly don't believe we need 3 healers, but slightly more dps. So does anyone know anyone that wants to do a 10 man Naxx?

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 pm

We should maybe check if we can get Rayan to spec boomkin if he's not already locked.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:59 pm

I'd prefer not to have 3 druids, and if we are trying undying 3 heals is a must to make sure everyone is safe on bosses like KT where one of our heals can be ice blocked. FF will help with our dps, but i think with what we have for dps now 5 is plenty. I sent entheal and seanypoo mails asking if they wanna come.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:10 pm

My guild doesn't run 10 man naxx anymore. I'd be glad to help you all if you want it. I can pump out about 3.2k-3.5k dps when I'm specced for it. I can tank if need be. I also don't need any gear and would just go along for the ride and badges cause I like $$. Although I'll be AFK until next week due to finacial circumstances. I won't cause problems I just want to give back to the people who helped me start raiding.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 am

Scimmia wrote:I'd prefer not to have 3 druids, and if we are trying undying 3 heals is a must to make sure everyone is safe on bosses like KT where one of our heals can be ice blocked. FF will help with our dps, but i think with what we have for dps now 5 is plenty. I sent entheal and seanypoo mails asking if they wanna come.

As far as Undying goes, I honestly say, put it out of your mind. It's not happening as I've had a few people tell me that they can't do Heigan (and of all the instances available, I can't think of one that offers something remotely similar to "practice") I honestly think it's Frostine thinking wishful.

I'm almost tempted to start a pool to see who dies first. Twisted Evil

Ulalume wrote:My guild doesn't run 10 man naxx anymore. I'd be glad to help you all if you want it. I can pump out about 3.2k-3.5k dps when I'm specced for it. I can tank if need be. I also don't need any gear and would just go along for the ride and badges cause I like $$. Although I'll be AFK until next week due to finacial circumstances. I won't cause problems I just want to give back to the people who helped me start raiding.

As far as being resto, I'm in the same boat. As far as being enhancement...well I think I could use some bracers and I think a ring or two. Trinket would be nice. <.<

I honestly hope that whatever drops goes to someone that needs it. I'd rather see someone else get stuff that can use it since most of the stuff I want I either have or got last night. I also hope that we bring along someone that can DE - Abyss crystals are EXPENSIVE

If you need gold to respec to DPS and back to whatever you're currently at, let me know and I'll provide it. I personally think we need more DPS unless someone is messing up with tanking (which I doubt.) however, bring your tank gear because I do think we need someone to help kite Gluth.

As far as our other two healers who have been invited - I have no problems with them healing. heck, if you guys think their healing is there I could always respec to enhancement <.<

If push really comes to shove and we only have 8, it's also a thought. There is the Subtraction achievement on Normal.

I just want a good solid full clear. It's what I had last night, would be nice for 10 man Naxx.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 am

" I honestly think it's Frostine thinking wishful."

Yeah, that was my initial thought too when I saw that on the calendar.

I have survived the Heigan dance, and I know how to do it, but I don't survive every time.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ledgewalker Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:43 am

If I did not have a show tonight I would go with.
After this weekend my schedule is back to normal and could run just about any day.
I could DPS or Heal if u need.
Ledgewalker
Ledgewalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:39 am

YOU NOOBS!! we have to start somewhere!! besides, having the pressure that you might mess it up for someone else will make you do better:P . Also, If you can' / don't want to show up, don't feel bad about it, its not biggie; We understand that RL is more important. Other than that, We will pug the rest of the people ( I know people who are willing to go with us) so no worries.
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:53 am

Yeah, but the problem is we're starting LATE in the game you goober. Patch 3.1 is coming and with that, Ulduar.

How many can say they are geared and ready for that? I can. How many can say they have their money for duel spec and the glyphs for their spec? I can (well sorta <.<)

not being negative, (OK I AM BEING NEGATIVE) i'm just presenting the facts on the table as I see them.
Still want to get the death pot going

I spoke with Thorgal and he was interested about going as DPS (Obviously), talk about the old school meets the new.
and some of you know what I mean

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 am

Blarg? alot of people are ready for that patch , we actually can wait for it... and as for the moeny .. it is just 1k I mean, you can get it buy just selling herbs or whatever you want to sell for that matter. Does chronos have capable players for that god forsaken instance? yes. do they have a HORRIBLE schedule? yes!! I am not stressing much over this, like what svander said about not worrying too much about the title. Besides, today is Friday and I think some guildies will be online. we shall see.

Frost
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:42 am

ok. If you're not stressing, don't be late
like you're notorious for being

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:15 am

$$ For Duel Specs:
If you don't have the $$ for duel speccs atm but have a ton of matts my suggestion would be to wait until the patch drops to sell your goods. Lets look at history, when Wrath hit the price of saronite was close to 100g a stack because people needed the mats for gear and weapons. The price has been steadily dropping since because people have out grown their crafted gear. Same thing goes for herbs. The prices for herbs and pots will go up because there is a new raid to play with and people want to have the best advantage in Ulds so they will dish out the gold for the drugs. Although I don't think the prices will soar as high as they did for Wrath, I do think they will increase because people will be frantically buying mats to make raid potts and gear from new patterns. Financially I'd say stock pile and wait it out. If you don't have the 1kg now don't panic, play the AH when the patch drops. However, doing dailies regularly and saving the gold from raids should be habit that everyone develops.

Raid Group for Ulduar
I hate to say it but if you are having problems with Naxx then you will have one hell of a time doing anything in Ulds. The designers keep saying that Naxx was supposed to be like raiding 101 and Ulduar is supposed to be a class up; it is going to be more difficult then Naxx. Simply, if Naxx isn't on farm by now be worried, no, be VERY worried.

The main thing to scramble for before the patch goes live is creating a cohesive, dedicated, semi geared group. Remember, success in a raid is not just from geared people but it primarily comes from a group that knows how to work together (hence why a lot of geared puggs fail). Time is running out to build the kind of team that can tackle Ulds. If you are serious about it then its time to batton down the hatches and start picking the players for your A team. Your A team should consist of players that are willing to learn and show up on time and ready for the raid. To train this kind of team you need to have a regular weekly raid schedule that you stick to and have rules (meaning a reward and punishment system) regulating late-ness, no shows, and lack of preparedness.

G-Bank Raid Tab
Finally, start stocking your guild bank raid tabs with matts and raid pots. Like I mentioned earlier the matt prices are probably going to soar after the patch hits so prepare, prepare, prepare. One way to assure that your tab stay full is to mandate a farm day where guildies run about and collect matts for the raid tab (which is actually a lot more fun then you'd think!) Another thing CD does is DE all the greens that drop from naxx and throw the matts in the G bank. After the raid is complete, everyone goes to the Dalaran bank to get free guild enchants and gems courtesy of the shit we stock piled from farm day and the crap we DE-ed in naxx!

Heigan Advice
If people are having trouble with the unclean fight it might be wise to use flares or camp fires to mark the 4 points if you aren't already doing that. I know I NEEDED those flares when I was being trained. Also melee should be attacking the front of heigan with the tank if they aren't already doing so.

Disclaimer: I am merely suggesting how to create a raid group and how to stock pile guild matts. I in NO way intend to be an elitist jerk; I only am expressing some things that tend to work for my guild.

As a side note: I should be back up and running next Friday for Chronos raids if my guild doesn't need me.
Best-
Ula
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 am

How long did it take to full clear with that kind of dps?
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 am

darn you KT Evil or Very Mad
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next