Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
An outsider's perspective... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
An outsider's perspective... EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
An outsider's perspective... EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
An outsider's perspective... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
An outsider's perspective... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
An outsider's perspective... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
An outsider's perspective... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
An outsider's perspective... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
An outsider's perspective... EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

An outsider's perspective... Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

An outsider's perspective...

5 posters

Go down

An outsider's perspective... Empty An outsider's perspective...

Post  Droxia Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm going to give my "perspective" on this subject of Chronos. While I'm not a member (nor do I play one on TV) these are some of the things that I have seen as problamatic that can be addressed and fixed.

1.) Raiding. Before I had the chance to talk people into raiding, Chronos has a LOT of 70's. So it kinda surprises me that the majority of the group just started raiding when a certain ninja came along (although I will admit there are some who have done it before, however this is surprising as this leads into my next subject)

2.) PvP. While I don't find any problems with PvPing (I've recently become more prone to it) I do see a problem when the majority of 70's are all in PvP gear. I won't deny that PvP gear has it's place, but what bugs me is that so many of you are decked out in PvP gear, don't seem to realize that some of the better gear is also found through instancing and raiding. If you're a resto druid, you should currently have the lifebloom amulet and be healing your teammates and keeping them alive. At the same time I do know that certain weapons are easier to obtain than what you can get in an instance (trust me, try gearing an enhancement shaman...you may end up just crying) There comes a time where some PvP gear is good for instancing and some PvE gear is good for PvP.

3.) 70 pets. No I don't mean hunter 70 pets. I mean lowbie's treating 70's like they are their pets and can run them through anything. I can't tell you how frustrated I get when I hear that one of you guys are running a "20 through VC" a "mid 30's through RFD" a late "40's though ZF" or god forbid someone in their 50's through BRD. Instances were designed to have 5 people of the appropriate level go through and tackle that instance together. To me it's not fair to have someone who has either gone through the instance properly to help someone "cheat" and do the instance in a short amount of time. Especially a certain guild leader who is a softie and has a hard time saying no. While I know they do want to help their lowbies, to me, it's not fair of the 70 because that time could be spent getting gear to help people THEIR level out.

4.) Lack of knowledge of YOUR gear. My biggest pet peeve, was my biggest weakness for a while. Understanding if gear is for you. It's one of the reasons why I wrote a post called "Understanding if gear is for you" I can honestly say I was a noob like this once (and at times I still am) but I think I have a better understanding than most on why a one handed mace with a weapon speed of 2.6 should go to the enhancement shaman while a weapon with only a 2.5 weapon speed is just a bit inferior and should go to the hunter. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked about gear with "+77healing and 15spell damage" should go on someone that is a caster when in truth it really should only go to healers. Know your gear or at least understand why something works versus something else.

5.) Teamwork. While I can say I've seen it, I can also say I've heard complaints of people who are close to each other in level. If your level 32 and you see someone that 27, help them out. Leveling, while a grind, should be fun and you can at least get to know people your level at the same time. Work as a team to get to the level cap. If someone is new to the giuld get to know them. Get to konw what they like. GET TO KNOW YOUR GUILD AND GUILD LEADER (I once had Frost mention that she asked someone for information, and they didn't know who she was...)

That's all that I've observed for now.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

An outsider's perspective... Empty More perspective on the same topics...

Post  Tabibito Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:43 am

Though i may be new to the guild i have opinions to Razz

Raiding - Not Everyones into it, some peoples interest passe

PVP - PVP gear is great, better then most stuff except the rare drops you get from instances, if someones not a big instance person PVP gear is great for them, maybe the person love to PVP!

70 Pets - I personally love running Lowbies its fun, if they cant get a group and need gear or quests from a instance i'm more then happy to run them. Instances are designed for 5 people, but the game is designed so everyone can have fun in there own way. I personally am bothered when someone expects the higher levels to run them, but if a high level char whats to run a low level char Smile awesome lets go!

Lack of Knowledge of your gear - People should know what kinda gear they need/use because if you need on something that you dont actually need and someone else does and you win....you just jipped the guy who really needed it.

Teamwork - I agree, know your guild, know your leader, know your officers....if you new poke around and talk to the higher ups.....

MOST IMPORTANTLY I think the problem with most guilds/groups is that we need to understand that this isnt a leveling guild, or a PVP guild, or even a Raiding guild(or so the GM told me)....its just a community of people who are here to have fun, so everyone should be having fun in there own way as long as its not at the expence of others.
Tabibito
Tabibito

Back to top Go down

An outsider's perspective... Empty Re: An outsider's perspective...

Post  Droxia Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 am

While I can respect your opinions I do not agree with them. Plesentries aside...let's go.

Tabibito wrote:Though i may be new to the guild i have opinions to Razz
I know who you are, and I know you are not that new.

Raiding - Not Everyones into it, some peoples interest passe
To say people's interest is passe is overstating the obvious. People are more interested in the new expansion, so people are still unaware of the "gear jump" many of them think that will happen. If you've raided before BC and came to Outlands, you pretty much saw all your purple gear and the hours upon hours go down the toilet with the first few outland quests. People broke their set bonus to get the new outland greens. Which people aren't into it? Most of the ones that aren't into it have already done so and don't want to deal with the anger or DKP or have the time commitment to dedicate to raiding. So far everyone that I've talked to that's 70 wants to go to Kara. Karazhan is the entry into raiding for The Burning Crusade, and the first night Elenn and the others mentioned that we were going to Kara, there were some who knew better than to go and others who insisted on going. In truth all raiding is, is co-ordinating a group beyond the standard 5 man group. Kara involves 10 people. Beyond Kara is SSC/TK/MtH/BT and SP which are all 25 man. The only other 10 man is Zul'Aman. So if you can't play in warsong gultch or you think you can't handle being in something like a super instance, than yes, raiding isn't for you.

PVP - PVP gear is great, better then most stuff except the rare drops you get from instances, if someones not a big instance person PVP gear is great for them, maybe the person love to PVP!
So what other gear is there? Let's see, crafted gear, quest gear and random green, blue and purple gear. You're just stating the obvious for someone who doesn't want to devote an hour or longer going into an instance with others in the same quality and level gear. You're basicly trying to make a point when all you're really doing is stating the obvious.

70 Pets - I personally love running Lowbies its fun, if they cant get a group and need gear or quests from a instance i'm more then happy to run them. Instances are designed for 5 people, but the game is designed so everyone can have fun in there own way. I personally am bothered when someone expects the higher levels to run them, but if a high level char whats to run a low level char Smile awesome lets go!
You're not even 70 yet (on this server. As of today you're 64 - you were 63 around joining if memory serves me right.) and if you are than why say this posting as your alt instead of your main? Are You in Tier 4/5/6/SP? The point of my post is I shouldn't feel like I HAVE to run my lowbies through any instance. The half hour or hour or longer if they want to do brd I spend running people who could be leveling in that same amount of time or seeing the instance the way it was supposed to be tackled versus this way means that whomever the 70 is that is running the group, is not spending time improving their character. While I will agree with you some people find this fun, people need to be considerate of others, as some may actually want to get further than 2 bars of XP a day.

Lack of Knowledge of your gear - People should know what kinda gear they need/use because if you need on something that you dont actually need and someone else does and you win....you just jipped the guy who really needed it.
You've said nothing and you're just restating my point.

Teamwork - I agree, know your guild, know your leader, know your officers....if you new poke around and talk to the higher ups.....
Than you're only talking to a small faction of the people. The point in Teamwork is to know everyone and know how your team will function. If you're new you really should be trying to get to know everyone. Not just "The higher ups"

MOST IMPORTANTLY I think the problem with most guilds/groups is that we need to understand that this isnt a leveling guild, or a PVP guild, or even a Raiding guild(or so the GM told me)....its just a community of people who are here to have fun, so everyone should be having fun in there own way as long as its not at the expence of others.
It's this lack of focus that's also hurting people. While it is welcomed, and a refreshing changed from a lot of the serious guilds, this is where the guild hurts. There are some who do want to do more than just battleground everyday or do Arena. Should they be punished because they can't find an organized group within this guild? Can you say you've seen everything from "The Burning Crusade"? While I don't mind everyone being casual, at least get your money's worth. Once Wrath of the Lich King comes out, nobody will really attempt karazahn or even Illidan for that matter and Blizz has already mentioned reducing all bosses health by 10%

The most fun I can honestly say that I've had is running with your guildies in just a 5 man group. IN my opinion there shoulnd't be a reason where your guild couldn't run as a giant 10/15 or even full 40 for AV. People shouldn't be all lop sided with their gear, and if they are, you should all be running more instances together than pugging anything unless you absolutly can not find someone near or around your level.

And before you go running off stating how Critical I am about your post, either re-read the forums, or ask the others. They'll tell you I'm just as critical if not worse with them.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

An outsider's perspective... Empty Sounds like you almost took that personal :)

Post  Tabibito Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:58 am

First of that start seemed kinda vicious..... I never said my post to necessaraly to disagree with you, on a few topics i did just restate your point but in a way that explained why people should know there gear better. This is a casual guild, and many people wont be attracted to the guild simply because of that....so should we become a raiding guild then because its seems to be what you want? People who are looking to spend alot of time in Raids and want to run the on a more constant basis should maybe join a raiding guild, noone lacks focus, because there is nothing specific people in this guild are suppose to focus on. This guild dosent hurt from being casual....it just appeals to a different group then those who are extremely serious about the game. And i do agree you should never have to run a lowbie through anything if you dont want to, However if you do want to or you dont mind doing it i dont think you have the right to be frustrated with them for doing so. Many Lvl 70's make alts because they get tired of the same ol same ol of being a 70, running lowbies is the same concept.

I dont mind you being critical, actually its welcome Smile dont think i'm so easy to irritate or insult Very Happy
Tabibito
Tabibito

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:51 am

Tabibito wrote:First of that start seemed kinda vicious..... I never said my post to necessaraly to disagree with you, on a few topics i did just restate your point but in a way that explained why people should know there gear better.
I never said that your post was to disagree with me or to agree with me. I just stated that I disagree with a few things you've stated. As far as my post being aggressive, it's meant to be aggressive. Don't take it to PM when I want you aware that I do know who you are, as some of the guild may not. Saying that you're new is a bit of a falsehood. And I don't like falsehoods. To answer your question in your PM. I'll say one word

Vent.

I'll also go as far as say that the moment you joined everyone that I socialized with in your guild (basically those of the raiding portion) seemed to want to inform me whom you are. I in turn have stated that "I don't care if he's in or not, just so long as he helps the guild as a whole progress"
This is a casual guild, and many people wont be attracted to the guild simply because of that....so should we become a raiding guild then because its seems to be what you want?
Not my place to say. That's Frost's decision not mine. However people aren't capable of seeing more content and want to, and they should at least have the option. My point is that people should be aware that the option is there and that they should start talking to one another. no one in Chronos should have to PUG. Something that many of us have had to do in the past. What's better? Running with people you trust or running with people you don't know?
People who are looking to spend alot of time in Raids and want to run the on a more constant basis should maybe join a raiding guild,
This is true, however as I've said before, raiding is something like going into a big super instance and more co-ordination is required. At the same time, it's a question of seeing all the content. There are some people who haven't seen horde content because they've been alliance, and vice versa. All I'm stating is, see everything you can while it's "The way it's meant to be" not when it's a ghost land. You ever been to WPL/EPL/Silithus lately? Shadowmoon Valley, Netherstorm and possibly some of Blade's Edge Mountains will look just like this. Quiet zones to level in but no real help because people have moved on.
noone lacks focus, because there is nothing specific people in this guild are suppose to focus on. This guild dosent hurt from being casual....it just appeals to a different group then those who are extremely serious about the game.
I can say that there is a lot of focus that is lacked. People have not understood certain concepts or ideas on how certain things work. The only thing I've seen Chronos do individually is PVP. Outside of that, everyone pugs. If this is a guild, it should function as one. People should find people to quest with or have fun with. No it shouldn't be a job for some, I do know sitting on the outside that when people need a group Frost or Elenn or one of the others will go into guild and ask if anyone can join group X. Those that are available do so, and that can only help instead of hinder you all.

In Chronos's defense, I can say that when given direction, everyone goes into super focus mode. When Frost hit 70, we were able to gather enough money amongst us all to help her get her amount (she said she had only about 200 gold at the time) We also were able to craft her first epic a "Runed Eternium Blade" and gather a lot of the materials from not only from mass farming as a group but my own personal bank.

including the recipe.

It's a moment like that, that I do enjoy seeing. Even though the guild is causual, as a whole, the guild can do amazing things when given a goal.
And i do agree you should never have to run a lowbie through anything if you dont want to, However if you do want to or you dont mind doing it i don't think you have the right to be frustrated with them for doing so.
I don't have the right, but that's not what I stated. As someone who sat on the level cap trying to figure out what is next, I want to spend time improving my character. Being asked by someone that's a lower level than me to run them through X is a mixed blessing and a curse. If I have the time and I don't mind doing it, than yes by all means I'll go do so. However there are many players out there who will go forth and feel no guilt about asking 70's to run them through X everyday for a month until they are in they are in Outlands. I feel that is unfair to those who have done it the old fashion way and/or by themselves
Many Lvl 70's make alts because they get tired of the same ol same ol of being a 70, running lowbies is the same concept.

I dont mind you being critical, actually its welcome Smile dont think i'm so easy to irritate or insult Very Happy
Making an alt and running a lowbie is not the same concept, but now I'm arguing semantics.

I'm critical because that's how I am. I don't mind being critical and I do expect it out of everyone else. No I don't profess to be right, for I'll even admit when I'm wrong. No at times I don't like it when people are critical of me, however I try to see (after I've cooled down) what's being said and I will at least see if what they are saying makes any semblance of sense or if there is anything vital in what they are saying. I'm sometimes critical at the wrong moment, I can't say that I don't care, because in truth I do care, as I don't want to see people get frustrated. However I know two people off the top of my head who I was critical about and both disagreed with me at first, until after they experienced first hand what I was saying.

As far as taking it personally, I'll restate something I said to you once before. "I don't know you." The only thing I've taken personal is the fact that no one else has responded to this thread. So for that I commend you.

And no, goofball peanut gallery comments are not appreciated *glares at the rest of you*

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 am

Zomg...umm -->feels bad for not answering earlier >.<

Personally, I do lack the detailed knowledge of this game so me saying anything about what benefits a guild I honestly couldnt answer to...however from what I have seen is that I agree with Droxia on the point of getting people together to participate in raids/instances as a group. Frequently, even before I hit 70, there would be 9 or 10 70's online and offers for runs like Kara would come up and people would just be doing their own thing. I understand everyone has their own things to fulfill as players and not everyone likes to do runs like that, however I think it is only fair as part of the guild to at least participate once in awhile (dont know if this has actually been happening, if so lol disregard this)

As knowing if pieces of gear are to one's advantage, I'll be honest, I do lack that-hence my frequent questions on pieces that I pick up. But I guess its like a trial and error process to being better geared...lol since apparently I was running around with healing gear for the majority of my playing time until someone pointed that out to me ...healing locks ftw ^_^

While I did utilize the help of higher leveled players to assist me during quests, instances, etc...most of the time I grouped with other people my own level to complete those tasks and though it is not to give myself some sense of righteousness but I do feel that players should try to do these things with people of their own level (1) for the benefit of having completed it based on talent and (2) gaining that experience of wiping a couple dozen times >.> lol. Personally I am more than happy to help the lower guildies, but like alot of my fellow 70's, if we could do it so can you guys ^_^

So yup...that's all I got for now-dont know if its a productive kind of response, but its my 2 cents on the matter. =)

Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 am

I do agree with Lirixia on the matter
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:20 am

Lirixia - as far as gear goes,after the next patch (3.0.2), from now on, all caster gear has one stat - spell power. Healer gear will have mp5, DPS gear will have Crit on it (or not depending)

I'm still waiting to see what's said over all about gear in the expansion.

Frost - which part?

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:25 am

As somebody who's newer to the guild, I don't feel I can have much to say in regards to come of the things Drox has mentioned, though from what I've seen in the month plus that I've been a part of this guild, I see some of what he's talking about.

First things first.... this kinda goes with the "Level 70 pet" topic. As somebody who's new to WOW, has only a little over a month of actual ingame experience, I'm eternally grateful for everyone in the guild who's taken me through instances. Frost and Holy are two who've done it on more than one occassion and Jernore and Amali have as well (my apologies for those I haven't mentioned). I'm still getting used to the game mechanics and I don't have the months/years experience of playing this game that some of you have. While it would certainly be beneficial for me to group with people my own level, when it comes to the guild, that's few and far between because most people are 65+ and those who aren't are 15+ levels lower than me most of the time (as far as those peeps who are online when I am).

It's hard getting a group together, I've found, for instances with people I don't know. Doing LFG hasn't given me much success and I'm often dependent on guildies who are high level to run me through an instance. Instances at my level aren't really a neccessity, but the drops are good if I can use them or AH for more money.

As for the raiding, what Drox mentioned I definately agree with. One thing I DID notice and have noticed is that raids don't happen that often. My thoughts first coming into WOW and first getting into the guild was that I wanted to reach lvl 70 as quickly as I could so I could party and instance with everybody all the time for good armor and weapons for end game because I'm a very social person. If you haven't noticed how talkative I can be about stupid nonsense and corny humor in chat, that's why. Working in the environment I do, you HAVE to be social and easy going, and alot of that just goes into hanging around other people ya know? I just hope that when I finally DO get to lvl 70, the raiding picks up because I'm not gonna want to be questing solo nearly as much as I currently do. I wanna hang out with you guys in person in game, not just in chat :p.

But, going along with me being new to WOW, I do wanna say thanks to everybody who's answered all my silly newbie questions and helped in some way to level me up. In my clan on Lineage II, we were all one big happy family, but the high levels were also a bunch of carebears and pvp wasn't something they wanted to do because in L2, when you died, regardless of from pve or pvp, you'd lose 4% and when you're lvl 70, losing 4% is the result of grinding in a dungeon for 15 hours, literally (that's no exaggeration). Naturally, most of my clannies just didn't wanna pvp at all. Were too concerned with pve all day long. PVP is big to me because it's a totally different game from PVE. It's always new each encounter. As much as I loved being in my L2 clan, it just wasn't that fun for me because they were so passive, but one thing we DID do well was group together and help lowbies in the clan out with whatever. We had ALOT of grinding parties to high lvl dungeons lol.

So yeah I'll end with that and, with that said, I just hope that when I get to lvl 70, I can get into instances or arena battles with you guys Smile
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Keep in mind, when I mentioned the 70 pet thing, it's mostly the people who ask ALL the time. I've got a guy in my guild who it seems everytime I turn around he's always asking. He' got legitimate excuses when he does, but its frustrating because for a while it became an everyday thing.

Keep in mind the guildies of ninja, everyone knows someone from real life. Which makes it even harder to say HELL NO.

Chances are Smoke, when you get to 70...the expansion will be out (it is one month away) and everyone will be racing to 80...*sigh*

I can't deny that finding a group is harder at the smaller levels. Our server is now becoming one of those older servers where the economy is all busted and people don't care to do instances, they know that by leveling alone their gear will be replaced.

GET TO 58 AND GO INTO OUTLANDS ALREADY!

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:11 pm

Only 50k more xp and I'll be in outland wee!
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum