Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Who is going to make a DK ?!

+6
Thorgal
Holydrisst
Malagathorum
Keljaedon
Droxia
Ulalume
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who is going to make a DK ?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is going to make a DK ?!

Post  Ulalume Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:42 am

http://deathknight.info/forum/index.php?topic=3029.0

There are many who have reasoned that it is plausible that the DK gets released early. So I'm not a gullabe fool Razz
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Yes, but not one of them a blizzard employee and they all post on a non-blizzard website.

They mentioned a new content patch coming. From the sounds of it, they are referring to 3.0.2 (The date of the original post was September 15th.) While they do list some of the features like The new Stormwind Harbor and the zepllin towers above Ogrimmar/Tirisfal glade, the barbershop and inscription (up to 375) They did not say they would be releasing all of their content.

If it happens, it happens. However lets face it, it's a major selling point of the expansion. I don't see a "Who is picking up the inscription profession?" thread here. However this thread alone shows, what most of us are thinking of.

If it is released before the expansion, I'll admit I'm wrong. I have no problems saying so.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Yseult Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:03 pm

I barely believe it myself anymore I just don't want to have to give up Irhy to level it to 80.
Yseult
Yseult

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Than don't.

The only thing I haven't seen confirmed, and it saddens me, is the ability to have duel specs. It also kind of saddens me that druids are no longer jack of all trades, but now have to specialize into one of the 4 specific forms (Bear, Cat, Moonkin, Tree.)

If you hit 80 with Idhrenniel, than it means you'll be able to farm things easier for Yseult and your Death Knight, possibly even getting enough cash for epic flying for all your characters.

because that's why I'm waiting for the market to come back up :-/

At least now when you get to 80 you won't be competing gear wise with anyone else since no one will have done the new raid dungeon/heroic dungeons yet. Which is what I see as a good thing for this release.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Malagathorum Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:23 am

Drox has a point once again....My I feel like the proud big brother...Go lil bro cheers
I would and will level Mal. cause he's my main bread and butter and also because now that I'm rolling with the better part of multiple guilds I don't want to feel like the most undergeared one again! So...you go girl and play the DK like you would any other alt but stick to what's gonna help you progress faster with everything else.
Malagathorum
Malagathorum

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Playing as a DK on the WOTLK beta (both as starting at lvl 55 and premade at lvl 80), they're definately a fun class to play. I haven't had much time to level up and play as one, but they are a versatile class which hit for some decent damage with weapon and no skills alone. Doing the starter quests I was ripping through the starter mobs without any fear of dying. One of the coolest skills is one (I forget the name) where you have an enemy pulled to you from a distance away. Funny story... I was in the starter area killing mobs and I noticed this one DK start to run towards a mob... well... I just used that skill and pulled the mob to myself and killed it Very Happy . Cheap, I know, but it was hilarious!
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:02 am

That sounds so...evil...oh the PvP that will ensue...

In different news. Do you get Runecrafting and is that considered one of your professions?

(to everyone, yes I'm slacking on reading up Deathknights because I just don't want to know...yet - I just want to get to 80 first)

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 am

SmokeGSU wrote: One of the coolest skills is one (I forget the name) where you have an enemy pulled to you from a distance away.

That is death grip. It reminds me of Scorpion from Mortal Combat.. "GET OVER HERE!!!"
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 am

Droxia wrote:That sounds so...evil...oh the PvP that will ensue...

In different news. Do you get Runecrafting and is that considered one of your professions?

(to everyone, yes I'm slacking on reading up Deathknights because I just don't want to know...yet - I just want to get to 80 first)

Runeforging is a Death Knight only craft that is used to put runes on their weapons. Since runes aren't used by other classes it is worthless to non DK's. Runeforging is obtained from a DK only quest. And no it is not considered one of your professions.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:12 am

That's the part that was confusing me. It sounded like it was a profession, or something that was going to take up a profession slot. I guess I'll have to look at it like it's "Fishing" with the exception of it being a required thing all deathknights have to take.

Well Id, since you seem the be the one a bit knowledgeable, Is there anyway to raise the limits as to how many runes that you can have? (I thought the current limit was 6)

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:57 am

http://www.wowgold800.com/Knight-Online/Rune-Forging-in-the-death-Knight.html

That link explain the rune system in full. Essentially it is like how a rogue can make poisons and apply it to their weapons. A DK can apply runes to their weapon to put a passive enchantment on it. Unfortunately this enchantment does not stack so if a Dk has a rune on a weapon then they can't have +25ag for example. Runes are not to be confused with rune power. Runic power is the 'energy/mana/rage' of the DK. There are 6 runes that are activated for certain types of attacks. These six runes include 2blood runes, 2frost runes, and 2 unholy runes. The attacks will require a certain amount of runes to be up in order for you to use that ability. Once the rune is used, it will replenish itself and can be used again after 10 seconds. This is what I have gathered but the info is still changing and it's difficult to grap how this all comes together without playing a DK. Just like it is hard to explain what playing WoW is like to an 'outsider.'
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:44 am

hmmm. Intersting.

I may have to look more into this.

after I hit 80 with Drox <.<

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:27 am

For all of those who are toying with the idea of joining the dark side, here are a few videos on the DK starter quests and Dk gameplay. There are some spoliers in the quest line, you have been warned.

Starter quests; this guy has a sexy voice even though he is horde scum>.>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgurfPf0qEs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv7854mxkBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjCVN0Eo9Sw

Gameplay (german rage music yay ^^ and the deathcharger sceam is music to my ears >Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8BW4tOMazY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w63c36MLYgU
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 am

M'eh I'll wait. I'm curious but somedays I just HATE spoilers.

A+ for effort though.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  phantom Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 am

I am going to make one.

no idea who they are or what they do, but i am still making one
phantom
phantom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Random DK fact of the day: A Dk does not operate on spell power to boost their castor spells, they rely on raw attack power. The main stats of a DK are Str/Ap, Stam, and Agility and in that order of importance. Sounds like a warrior eh?
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:37 am

New Random Fact of the day. Death Knights are NOT in today's patch. They are a Lich King product.

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/328.html

check alllll the way at the bottom.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:01 am

HA HA but I lost nothing, not bets were made. I feel like The Cheat!
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 pm

No bets were made because you need swift flight form and I would have pwned you.

Besides, I could have used your gold.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Ok, back to the original subject of this Thread.

I am rolling a death knight

At first I was against the idea, I really don't want to be out in the burning crusade while everyone gets to experience Northrend. However after dealing with the newest patch, I think Droxia is going to be shelved.

That's right your favorite (or is it most hated?) shaman is probably just going to be a farmer for me and after that I'm not touching her unless I have guild issues, or some kind of change comes out for shaman that may make me reconsider.

I really don't like the idea since she's been my favorite character, however I'm annoyed by how gimped they've made the shaman class. I don't have the right gear for enchancement, my elemental gear has now dropped in DPS and in all honesty there's nothing really cool for me, unless I decide to go resto or back to enhancement.

When checking the DPS meteres and trying it out a little on the target dummies in Iron Forge my DPS was where I was afraid it will be. If we're still going to Kara tonight - than we can see where I am after all is said and done. If it's "sad like" than personally I don't know what I'll do.

I really don't want to shelve Drox. I gave up on her once before, but turned around and respeced into elemental. It's where I am now and it's how I met all of you. For me Elemental helped me get into things I normally wouldn't or couldn't do as one of the other builds. Now I'm afraid the only way for me to see anything or everything is to go resto, and that semi depresses me more because, while I don't mind healing, I don't want to heal my way into level 80 (even if it would mean some decent gear the entire ride through.)

So even if I said it before, I think I'm going against what I said and I'm rolling a death knight.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Malagathorum Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Quitting is for quitters! Evil or Very Mad
Malagathorum
Malagathorum

Back to top Go down

Post  Malagathorum Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Dam, No I can't hold back the tide of QQ! But, if it's true, Shocked I'll be there with ya bro! Can't really talk since I don't have one! BTW, I love my COREHOUND! Twisted Evil
Malagathorum
Malagathorum

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 pm

My only other choice is resto. I don't mind resto as much as I may have originally have made it out, but I just have to figure out how to:

1.) Stay alive
2.) Kill things
3.) Figure out how to level as such a build.

I don't want to give up on my shaman, but my damage before the patch and after is really dismal.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Droxia wrote:

I really don't want to shelve Drox. I gave up on her once before, but turned around and respeced into elemental. It's where I am now and it's how I met all of you. For me Elemental helped me get into things I normally wouldn't or couldn't do as one of the other builds. Now I'm afraid the only way for me to see anything or everything is to go resto, and that semi depresses me more because, while I don't mind healing, I don't want to heal my way into level 80 (even if it would mean some decent gear the entire ride through.)

Drox there is always a raid slot for you so long as you are willing to take it. Believe it or not, many people like raiding with you and could care less about your dps. BTW in last nights Kara your dps was not bad at all. Sure your sustained dmg dropped a little bit but your burst dmg was as good as its always been. Cheer up ^^
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next