Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
the guild. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
the guild. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
the guild. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
the guild. EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
the guild. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
the guild. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
the guild. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
the guild. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
the guild. EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

the guild. Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

the guild.

+3
Elrosh
PetiteEtoile
Frostine
7 posters

Go down

the guild. Empty the guild.

Post  Frostine Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

ok guys, I know that our guild is AWESOME !! and it it THE bomb! but still, I am sure there is room for change. SO, I would love to hear your thoughts ( not really , but it says so in the manual on " how to become a better GM) apparently there is something called listen to your guildies... pfft who ever heard of such a thing!! Meh W/e just say what you think and such, tell me everything in your heart, forgetting the fact that I know who you are , where you live and your toon's name... Fear not of demotion and possible detention!! I want you to be honest!! >Very Happy

*hugs and cookies*
Frost.
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

the guild. Empty Re: the guild.

Post  PetiteEtoile Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 am

Hey hey.

I think that people need to participate in more than just one way. I mean its not a 'do it or we'll kick you' kinda thing, but its not fair for those that work on the guild cap to get guild pets, achievements, title, and perks.

People should actually try and do things together; for instance dungeons be it regular OR heroic. With a full or near full guild group, people will get geared, level, xp, AND the guild WILL cap every night. I noticed that people after getting their one heroic run of the day out, they ignore this question, once posted in guild "does anyone want to run a heroic with?". its like it will bring them 7years of bad luck, lol.

I do understand that heroic, specifically, take forever but with a group of guildies it should be somewhat cake. And, another thing is timing. Unfortunately, in Chronos the time is an issue. Loads live in diff time zones, so its hard. But we should try anyways. If you're online do something..

Oh, another thing is HEALERS. For all that is holy. No more DKs warriors or or or... We need Tanks (that are willing to tank and not get emo if they eff up) <---- also goes to me. Cause I whine. But I promise to work on my set and tank as I used to. But back to my point. Heals!!! we need HEALS.

Part from that stuff I just wrote (I'll go bout them more in the diff posts Frosty posted), it will be amazing if people donate goldies when they can, to the guild bank. Cause it will be hard to get the 8th guild tab (among other things) if people dont spare some gold.. for their own guild >.>

I have seen certain people donate (with gear, cooking mats, and gold) so, to those who do so, Thank you.

Thats it for now, if I see anything else that I feel like it should be put out, I'll post it here...where no one comment or read =/

Petite. ^-^
PetiteEtoile
PetiteEtoile
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 am

hahaha, I read and comment!! What you said is true, I wish more guildies would come online and leave their thoughts. Also, I donate gold >.< lol

Frost
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elrosh Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:47 am

When I reach my goal of hitting the gold cap I'm putting 50k into the guild bank.

Elrosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dethtohumans Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 am

I refuse to donate. Anything. Ever. Razz But I agree. I know I don't play as much as I used to, but it still seems really hard when I am on to find anyone to do reg dungeons with besides Petite and Frosty. I don't have gear and I won't as long as I have no one willing to run them with me. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. Also, I want it noted that I abandoned my mage so that the guild could have another healer. If we ever raid. When I am around. Sometime. Ever.

Anyway, only other problem I have (and I know this is an old one and won't change, but Frosty said write how you feel) is the swearing thing. I've been here a while, I know why Frosty doesn't like swearing, particularly in gchat, but I will say it is kind of frustrating. If someone doesn't want their kid seeing or hearing that kind of stuff, that's what the language filter in the settings is for. You can even put a lock on it so the kids can't turn it off. I'm not trying to be belligerent, just bringing up a point that sometimes annoys me, that's all.

Also, since Cataclysm came out and the guild went on this recruiting spree, it seems that we have a lot more people who are completely disinterested in the guild, which may explain the lack of participation. I have to say that I do not really like some of the new guys, though most of the ones I had an issue with left because they are dill pickle suckers, but there are still a lot of apathetic folks.

Anyway, other than that, I love this guild, I love the GM because for some reason she lets me back in repeatedly (which won't be necessary anymore, cuz I'm home for good). I love that most of the people are friendly and I love that when I can, I have the chance to help other people too. That's all for now.

P.S. HEEEEEEY YOOOOOUUUUU GUUUUUUUUYS!
Dethtohumans
Dethtohumans

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 am

The dungeon running I agree with however, not with the cussing thing. You see, if I was really angry, and I took the time to type ( of course read it UN-PGed) " I got killed by that -effing- mage I am so going to -eff- her up, all effing- hordes are -insert cuss word-" then I am not really angry... I dunno about you guys, but when I am angry, I can't type/ talk straight... so I won't organize a sentence with cuss words in it. Besides, DO YOU REALLY WANNA TYPE CUSS WORDS THAT BAD IN GCHAT?! I mean COME ON!!! Also, for those of you that don't know, the filter doesn't just censor cuss words, it censors other things as well HENCE, some peeps don't wanna use it. It isn't that hard to not cuss really.. It is similar to those people in vent who key up just to cuss... like..really... un key you doofius then cuss u r lungs out, then key up!!

Guild recruiting:
Yes we did invite every jack and jill, however, the only reason that happened is because a lot of the guildies are busy doing stuff IRL. I understand that. But at that rate, we won't cap the daily guild XP. When the guild level is high enough, you will see that there will be a weeding process ( an no it doesn't involve smoking!!!) Chronos has always been quality over quantity, but sometime, things have to change, not permanently, but for certain times to pass. I do not hesitate to remove bad eggs out of the box!! not now not never.

ANOTHER THING!! dill pickle suckers?! really?! is that what the none-cussing rule did to you!!! what have I done!! just you deth , just you!! you can type effing eff, if you NEVER use that sentence again!!rofl

thanks alot deth for leaving your thoughs <3 *hugs and cookies*.. I wish more peeps will do the same!
Frost.
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dethtohumans Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 am

I understand where you are coming from with the cussing thing, but since I cuss a lot in my everyday conversation (it's partly the military, partly just me) I find myself typing it out because I type what I think, then I have to go back and edit it. I realize the filter isn't perfect, but generally they have a reason for editing what they do. If they really don't want to use it, then they can't be that concerned with cussing, can they? I mean, do you read any of the world channels? I'm partly just being ornery, partly trying to make a point, but ULTIMATELY it's up to you, Frosty and I will obviously respect your choice. It can just be frustrating sometimes for those of us that have to actively censor ourselves because someone else doesn't like a few words, that's all.

As for the guild recruitment, I understood why you did it. It makes sense. Doesn't change some of the people that got invited was all I was trying to say.

And yes, the "No Cussing" rule did that to me. So guess what? Elrosh is a dill pickle sucker. XD
Dethtohumans
Dethtohumans

Back to top Go down

Post  PetiteEtoile Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Lmao!.."dill pickle sucker* (yes, I'm wetawded...) I soo will use it as a greeting word from now on in Gchat Razz

Guild recruits:
Lots of them...are -insert bad word here- They don't care bout anything =/ But, yeah we need it for the capping .Can't wait till we get till 23 guild level and then BAM >: ) people are going dooown!

Besides, Deth...we can ALWAYS make those we don't like.../gquit...I mean we did it before ./wink wink rofl.
And I love you for making a healer!
PetiteEtoile
PetiteEtoile
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 am

Various players play at different rates and at different times of day. Do we have a lot of people that are unwilling to go do things? I don't see a lot of activity, never any calendar entries or what not that indicate there is anything even planned.

I dont think people should get weeded out just because they dont play very much. Chronos was advertised as a predominately casual guild. If you see a pattern of people who never contribute to guildness - maybe see if you can figure out what they are doing instead?

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PetiteEtoile Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, true loads play diff rates and diff times but also, there are those who don't even want to help doing anything in guild. We can't plan much since most of the 85 come on diff times. Also, most people are interested in PvP and dungeoning and/or raids aren't really what they want.

Of course, when I say "help them find the ./gquit"button, I'm not saying kick everyone that didn't show up in the past...say month( although, there are those who should be deleted cause its been over a year since their last log in). But there are those that are not helpful and simply aren't liked by lots of guildies, is all, lol.

But yeah, not saying 'weed em' out Smile --as for those not contributing (ofc whilst online) I usually mention it to frosty to check on'em Smile

Hopefuly this will be much more diff when we have lots of well geared people, including myself. I'm sure doing heroics/raids will be easily planned, then.
PetiteEtoile
PetiteEtoile
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dethtohumans Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Svan, I am not suggesting that we just start kicking people because they don't play as much as others. What I am saying is that people who ARE online a lot and who refuse to even give a response when someone asks if peeps want to do a heroic or regular dungeon clearly don't belong in a guild that used to be oriented around helping people. I've helped out a few people in the last few days, helping with Wrath elite quests n such, but as far as I can tell, I'm one of the few that do. It's frustrating to have spent a good amount of time with (even when I wasn't in the guild, I still did stuff with Chronos) and see more and more people become less and less helpful. We've even lost good players because of it (Scimmia for example). I would take people who play once a month but spend that time helping or running things with the guild over someone who plays 24/7 and ignores the guild the entire time they are on. That was more my point.
Dethtohumans
Dethtohumans

Back to top Go down

the guild. Empty The Guild

Post  Dethtohumans Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Ok I have a list:

1) I get the not swearing thing in gchat. Frosty, you make a good point about having to type out a swear word, i wouldn't do it. However, swearing in vent is sometimes harder to control. I know we have a special channel for this but when the rest of the party in the hang out spot and you are the only on in the bad channel...well yeah you get my point. I think we just need to accept the fact that people swear and sometime things are going to slip.

2) As far has having so many people in the guild goes, it is a bit annoying when I am always asking for people to go do heroic with me and the only people that respond are those that aren't high enough. Another thing is i am really upset at the lack of help i get when i ask a question about my toons. While some might know this game really well others (like me) dont. It would be nice if i could just get a straight answer or have some say hey i would love to help. the only person that did that left the guild. The reason i like Chronos so much was that everyone helped everyone out, we were more a family than just a bunch of people with the same guild name. As far as the weeding out thing goes, i think it would be a big black mark on the guild if we just started kicking people out after we invited them. We chose to invite all of them and then to turn around and say "oh we are capped now...later" would really be bad. If people are interested in raiding then maybe we make a more selective guild that is for raiding and raiding only.

3) this is a great guild with great people, i just think that some of that has been lost with all the new people and changes in the game. A lot of people are focusing on just their toons and forgetting the benefits of being in a guild. Frosty you rock and have always been there to help when you could. Same goes for petite and deth. Angel, I would not be a lock had it not been for you lol, i mean lets face it..not the smartest play in the game.
Dethtohumans
Dethtohumans

Back to top Go down

the guild. Empty The above post..

Post  Dethtohumans Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

That last post was Anouk by the way, not deth. I was just on his computer Very Happy
Dethtohumans
Dethtohumans

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 pm

hahahahah ok I agree with what you say BUT let me clarify because you aren't the only one that thinks so.
As far as weeding goes, I never kicked anyone out of the guild, nor will I start doing so. Weeding: what is meant by that ( in this case) a lot of people will leave and when that happens, we won't invite anymore. In other words, some will be like I wanna pvp more ( ok bye bye ) or I wanna raid more( sure thing best of luck) but I won't go like ok cya suckas!! we are capped we don't need you any more... you know that we won't do that..

also cussing AGAIN I KNOW that slips do happen its not like when peeps ( not saying your name again deth) cuss in vent I am like ok I will setup the guillotine and off with his head.. people do slip, we are all mature adults ( this does NOT apply to you deth) but yea.. think of it this way, if there wasn't a rule about cussing, wouldn't people swear like there is no tomorrow? at least now that there is a policy, they are trying to watch their mouths. Core Chronos knows that and has already adjusted, if the new guildies don't like it, they will be weeded out Smile
as to helping people out.

ok last thing, helping people out... I know that a lot of the new comers don't participate actively in the guild but it is like what svander said, it is a casual guild. Also, you need to ask the right peeps Smile * hint hint*

Thank you for leaving feedback <3
Note: Everything I said about deth is for pure teasing purposes.

Frost
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PetiteEtoile Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Rofl, don't believe her, she has an anti-Deth cult. I know. I've seen it, and did NOT participate.. >.> <,< hehe

About the helping there are a FEW people that (are new to the guild) that are nice and all but, seem to not want to be active on purpose. Those, I wouldn't mind leaving. The reasons they gave me for not helping out (much), are lame.

You wanna know what I really hate tho, Anouk? That when I type stuff in guild not towards a certain person (FROSTINE) and they DON'T REPLY! and when I whisper that same person (FROSTINE) and never reply Razz lol

But seriously, today I was on Belle and wanted to do a reg and people COMPLETELY ignored me... and when you came on you were the only one who said I would and help in capping for the night, HENCE, I love you!(although you went off cause you be sleepy <3 ) Where when I checked on the guild list thingy, we had a 3-4 85s online and NOT engaged in any heroics. And I asked again for regular/heroic after that and saw that some people rather do them with pug than with guildies =/ Mind that I had tank and great dps. So bleh!

As for classes:
I would help with questions about classes but, I don't really read much bout other classes. So, I try to let thse I know that know stuff bout the class being discussed in guild , to put an input.

Neways, I try to help whenever I can even with crafting little gear for those little ones. I'll try to be around at times that most people are on (specialy Anouk)so we can get stuff done Smile
PetiteEtoile
PetiteEtoile
Admin

Back to top Go down

the guild. Empty the guild

Post  Anouk Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm

i <3 you guys. I know that people help when they can and I greatful for that. And far as the anti-deth group..why am i not part of it. I mean really i am dating him soo i should be like a officer in it. LOL LOVE YOU DETH.
Anouk
Anouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyux Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:47 pm

There's an Anti-Deth group?! OMG!! Does that make you all immortal? And if there's that group, where's the 'totally hitting on Deth' group? Am I the leader of it?

.... I bet it's a secret society and it's so secret I don't even know that I'm in it...
Kyux
Kyux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down