Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down?

4 posters

Go down

Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? Empty Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down?

Post  Ulalume Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:11 am

I've had about enough of Gundrak and the snake boss. I swear I have paied over 300g in repair bills from this mo fo alone. All I want are my epic defence gloves from the last boss and yet I can't even get a group through the door of the instance. My parites have tried many many different stratgies on this guy and none of them seem to work, its just too chaotic. If any of you have gotten through this guy with out gigantic amounts of dps could you spread the wisdom?
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? Empty Re: Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down?

Post  phantom Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:06 pm

this is the bitchiest boss of ALL heriocs

You really need geared and smart players for it

DPS has to burst him down asap, pref one melee and two ranged/caster. Caster helps on the adds while tank rounds them up. Melee or second ranged hits tank if snake wrapped.

Tank has to grab everything if possible and hope they dont get wrapped to death.

Healer has to be aware of being wrapped.

It sucks but being geared and knowing the fight is so much easier. I have had 0 pug groups get through the first boss. Unfortunately I had to run that place a lot to get my ring from the final boss. Sad
phantom
phantom

Back to top Go down

Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down? Empty Re: Heroic Gundrak Snakes Getting you down?

Post  Ulalume Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:38 pm

I was reading a strat that might work for the boss. What you do is you clear the bone room adjacent to the bosses lair. You have the priest stand on the bone pile furthest away from the door. You have Castor and ranged dps standing on the mound across from the priests mound and have the tank and melee dps in between the piles. The tank kites the boss into the room. The snakes that are immediately aggroed by the priest are downed by the ranged dps and should be dead by the time they get to her because they have such a long way to go. So the tank doesn't have to worry about adds and can focus watching out for the poison nova while the castors don't have to worry about it at all. Oh and the main advantage of this strat is that the nasty green snakes that snake wrap you dont even come in the room because the are face pull mobs that spawn. So you down the boss and then meander back into his lair to kill the evil green snakes. I haven't tried this strat out yet but hope to find a group to try it out on tonight. I need to go in there i still dont have my gloves of awesome Q.Q

;O
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 am

Weird, the only time I have done Gundrak we kited the boss all the way up the steps and killed it at the top. I think no one got wrapped and we got an achievement on it.

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:31 pm

The last time I ran Gundrak, we ran up to the boss and tanked him of the top of his platform. We had two shaman in the group. We wiped the first few times because I had stupid amounts of aggro (I was healing.)

Our third go, I realized why I and the other shaman had aggro. I left totems on the ground as we ran toward the boss. Since those are the first things they see, they go to the owner of the totems.

We ended up having our DK tank running up to the boss. While both myself and the other shaman dropped totems we all ran as a group and tried to burst the boss down. When we were both at the top, we recalled our totems and dropped new ones before the adds spawned.

Rest of the instance was cake.

It's all about timing and I'd say staying together and a little luck. if everyone's snaked wrap, GG.
The group was a DK, enhanement shaman, resto shaman and two rogues.

and at the time, everyone's gear was around Pre Naxx in level.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52 pm

To be specific, there is a spiral staircase near this boss. Party waits at top, tank runs down with healer at safe distance to ensure boss doesn't do too much damage while tank gets attention and kites boss all the way to the very top. Once up there, boss is ambused and there really are no adds.

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum