Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Wrath Gate EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Wrath Gate EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Wrath Gate EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Wrath Gate EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Wrath Gate EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Wrath Gate EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Wrath Gate EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Wrath Gate EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Wrath Gate EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

Wrath Gate Empty
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Wrath Gate

5 posters

Go down

Wrath Gate Empty Wrath Gate

Post  Keljaedon Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:55 am

*SPOILER ALERT! DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT STORYLINE IN WOTLK THE UPCOMMING STORYLINE WITHIN NORTHREND!*

http://files.filefront.com/WOW+Wrathgate+1024avi/;11881764;/fileinfo.html

An interesting movie. watch eet.

Last edited by Keljaedon on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keljaedon
Keljaedon
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wrath Gate Empty Re: Wrath Gate

Post  Ulalume Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 pm

ZOMG that was grim!! But Arthas is a Bad a$$!!!!!
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Keljaedon Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:04 pm

I like Sylvanis more Smile
Keljaedon
Keljaedon
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Holydrisst Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Lrn2 Bubble Hearth out of poisonous gas nub
Holydrisst
Holydrisst

Back to top Go down

Post  Keljaedon Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:13 pm

rofl, room mate said thats what he woulda done.
Keljaedon
Keljaedon
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 pm

storywise it was good, lorewise it bothers me.

The Forsaken attacking the Horde? Surafang dead (comeon one-shotted?!? he lead the horde in AQ!)

Just seems kinda odd that the forsaken would attack the living at the cost of breaking their alliance. While in game quests suggest they still hate the living and tolerate those around them, Sylvanis was always more concerned with getting back at Arthas and finding a way to reverse what happened to "her people"

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Thinger Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:21 am

The forsaken have no love for the living, horde or alliance. They are allied with the horde because Sylvanas needed someone to help protect her new group and help them to fight against Arthas and the Scourge and to protect them from the Humans and the Scarlet Crusade. I have no doubt that if they were to see their goal of destroying the Scourge as possible and the Horde got in the way they would have no hesitation to kill them all on the way there.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/undead.html
To further their dark aims, the Forsaken have entered into an alliance of convenience with the primitive, brutish races of the Horde. Holding no real loyalty for their newfound comrades, the Forsaken have duped them into fighting against their common enemy - the Lich King. Only time will tell how these disciples of doom will fare in their mission of vengeance.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:A_Recipe_For_Death
Arthas's numbers are overwhelming. But with a New Plague we could eradicate both the Scourge Army and the Human infestation once and for all.

My studies have proven that spider blood combined with a toxin derived from a grizzled bear heart results in a deadly elixir. Collect samples from the spiders in the Skittering Dark to the northwest and from the bears wandering throughout Silverpine Forest. Deliver the reagents to Master Apothecary Faranell of the Royal Apothecary Society in the Undercity.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Forsaken
Though the Forsaken do not trust anyone and no one trusts them, they are members of the Horde and, for now, do their best to help their allies and placate their ambassadors. Forsaken have even less love for the Alliance, particularly because they clash constantly with the human organization called the Scarlet Crusade.(WoWRPG 52) The only other Horde Faction they even have a semblance of trust with is Silvermoon City and the Blood Elves (Forsaken and Blood Elves start as Friendly to each other, unlike the other Horde Factions).

WoW RPG Rulebook - Page 52
A great portion of their efforts focus on dark alchemy, and the Royal Apothecary Society commands great power in Undercity’s oily tunnels (see Lands of Conflict). The apothecaries constantly send Forsaken on missions to gather odd materials for their twisted experiments. Rumors tell that the undead creatures are working to create a plague that will exterminate the Scourge and every living being on Azeroth.

Last edited by Thinger on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the last quote after finding my rpg rulebook)
Thinger
Thinger

http://midnight.evilmag.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Eh, I still don't buy some of it.

If anything i'll take the first 3 quotes as the rpg books tend to conflict with what happens in game, a lot.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:04 pm

ok.

So before I went to bed, I had to check up what I missed in the past few days of the world of warcraft (confession time, in between projects I go surf all my WoW websites just to stay on top of things.)

So when I get to world of raids I find Kel's video posted there. Below is the direct link.

WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS PLOTWISE AHEAD. READ IF YOU JUST DON'T CARE.
or are just like me and overly curious where the world is going

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/306.html

Now before I even got to finish reading the entire article just the first line alone irked me. I don't know if it's because of:

1.) What it says
2.) The fact that I keep missing it.

The first words stated in the video are this

- Highlord Bolvar! Thank the Light!

Now it's time for me to Nerd out

You see in my earlier post I couldn't put my finger on who exactly it was that was leading the Alliance. After reading just that I"m irked. Why? If you've ever been Horde and decided to raid stormwind, OR if you've ever been alliance you know this is the person whom all Horde go after and get pwndsauced by. That's right. Highlord Bolvar. So it irks me that the baddest badass of the alliance goes to Northrend to take down Arthas and is beaten by poisonous gas.

What irks me more? (this is minor)

Of all the major Leaders. Bolvar is not given the "Boss" treatment

A boss is usually a mob or npc that reads as skull and if I remember correctly is usually 3 levels higher than the players (this is so that when players attack said npc or mob, they have to deal with crushing blows wether level 10 to level 80 and beyond.) The other thing about "Bosses" is that they are usually larger in height than most characters. If you go see Thrall and you roll an Orc, you'll notice he's bigger than you are. All the major "bosses" have this treatement except Bolvar. SO to me Bolvar was the biggest baddest character of them all, because defeating him did take a lot. I'm not saying that it hasnt' happened, but at the same time, of all the other world leaders, he is the most difficult (I think Thrall and Sylvanis/Verimathas tie for this.)

On further reading the link it seems there's going to be a massive shake up and the answers to why the scourge did what they did is somewhat explained.

I won't go any further as I should be sleeping. However I will say this. I do want to continue where this discussion may now go. So...um...either continue here or someone create a new thread and we can spoiler away in there.

Oh if someone does decide to make a new thread, please label it with the word SPOILER at the beginning of the thread. I'm not being responsible for someone hating me because I want to discuss what's happening next.

oh. and yes. It's pretty BA.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down