Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
DOS/Cholo nax25 this week EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

DOS/Cholo nax25 this week Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

DOS/Cholo nax25 this week

5 posters

Go down

DOS/Cholo nax25 this week Empty DOS/Cholo nax25 this week

Post  Svander Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:38 am

DOS Nax25 this week began Wednesday at 7:30 server, lasted till right about 10:00 server. Cleared spider, Patchwerk, and Globbulus.

Chronos who participated were Nyctalope, Riffikin, and Crazydk. Announcement came pretty late at 6:45, but party wasn't full till about 7:45.

They intend to resume Friday around 7:00 server if possible. There are often free slots initially as it seems to take us about 30+ min to get more than 20 people in the raid.

It's pretty likely that Cholo Machin will have a Nax25 run on Sunday around 1p server, and Chronos members are invited to that as well (be warned, its mostly in Spanish).

---

OS25 that was on the calendar last night did not happen. We had about a dozen people confirm they would be there at 6:30 but by 6:45 we had only about 7. We couldn't even get enough Chronos to run OS10 so it disbanded. I'm not entirely surprised we cant get enough online to run a mostly guild 25, but it's a little disappointing turnout could not support OS10.

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

DOS/Cholo nax25 this week Empty Re: DOS/Cholo nax25 this week

Post  Frostine Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:38 am

some people zoned out on the fact that it was 6:30 and I recieved letters from some of the peeps who didn't attend it. *cookies* I guess that the only raid that people would remember so far is Naxx other than that, we should just do it when we have enough online or pug the rest.
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:49 am

You know I really don't know what to comment on yesterday's OS attempt other than very dissappointing. I'm sorry if this comes across as mean but I mean c'mon, if you accept the invitation to go please show up-you are expected to be there at the according time ready to group and pull, not show up half an hour late or even 3 hours later with a lame excuse as to "forgetting" we had a raid. And I agree, it's pretty pathetic if we don't even have enough for a 10 OS from that attempt last night. It's great ppl participated in the other Naxx runs and all, but grouping as a guild run is proving to be difficult, with lack of attendance, maybe even interest who knows. But again, my apologizes and thank yous to you all who were actually there, who knows, maybe we'll try again some other time. *shrug*
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 pm

AH Lir!! There isn't a lot of gear to be had in OS that's why people don't show!! Unless you are doing a technical OS (I.e. With drakes up) I wouldn't expect a full guild run. However, if they don't show up for Naxx then I'd be pissed! See you tomorrow ^^
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 pm

The point being made was not about gearing people it was about fulfilling commitment that people made to attend not necessarily for gearing or technicalities Evil or Very Mad
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 pm

I know!! But the thing is there are always going to be people who make a commitment and then break it!!! There is no way around it especially with a casual raiding guild like the one you are in. Be realistic with your expectations. A full guild 10 OS is rare unless you are doing a technical fight because people don't need things from it. There will always be people who break their commitments. Such is life; such is the game! If you don't want them to get away with it go to a hard core raiding guild where they kick you for being late and yell in vent just for the hell of it!! Nothing is personal!! You screw the raid the raid screws you! And guess what, there will still be non committal people who sign up for a raid but don't show, the only differences is they get their a$$ chewed and are either g-kicked or can't raid, but such punishments don't stop people from being non committal it just gets rid of them, we call it weeding. Sure it makes you heartless and people walk in and out of the guild before you get to know them but hell the loot is good and fast!! Christ, strict, cold heart-ed bureaucracy kill the soul Lir, KILLS!!! Be happy with what you have!! You are raiding with comrades not cutthroat, loot addicted mercenaries. Sure it may be difficult to get loot but you managed to get it AND you kept your friendships. Isn't that the best of both worlds? Awww sentimental Ula time over.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:39 am

This is true-and as I've said before we aren't a hardcore raiding guild nor does it look like it will ever be one. My apologizes for coming across as a jerk or something, but me coming off as mean is just frustration-I know we can do those types of raids on our own, even if it is rare. However just because it's rare, doesnt mean that we cant all go out for a raid together as commrades. Sheesh we went together to a 10 naxx, sure it took a long time to get through, but it was fun, imo, the entire time because we got to play together-even having old friends of the guild there with us, which was nice to have. Smile This isn't about wanting people to change their ways or beginning a "weeding out" process, it's just bringing people together to have fun doing stuff so we can progress and get to the technical stuff, like having drakes up and whatnot if we're talking OS. And believe me, I haven't been happier to have the friends I do in Chronos, they are excellent players and people to be around. I've been here long enough to see other people coming in and out of the guild, seeking "bigger and better things", maybe things they find in a raiding type guild, kinda like yours. And I've pugged with other guilds for raids before and I've seen that darker side to it, it's no fun Sad Yeah raiding for gear is fun, I'll admit, but being able to go out and knock out a few raids with your guildies would mean more-having your laughs and stories about the stuff that went down. My thing is just being disappointed and sad that we couldn't go together as guildies for that kind of stuff, for the fun part of the game-nothing about wanting to change people or their playing habits. Crying or Very sad
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostine Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:43 am

Liri mean? NEVA!!! Razz but I will has to agree wiff you >.> and thats all I am going to say Razz THE END!
Frostine
Frostine
Admin

http://forum.chronosguild.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:04 am

Lirixia wrote:... I'll admit, but being able to go out and knock out a few raids with your guildies would mean more-having your laughs and stories about the stuff that went down. My thing is just being disappointed and sad that we couldn't go together as guildies for that kind of stuff, for the fun part of the game-nothing about wanting to change people or their playing habits. Crying or Very sad
This is why I finally left "ninja". The majority of them have all stopped playing for different reasons or will be leaving due to RL issues. The few that are left aren't exactly hardcore raiders, or they don't have the time to raid. To put is simply, my guild is dead.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Let us all drink to the death of a Ninja...
Like I always say, "There are no loyalties in this game." (and god help me I hope there is nothing wrong with that)
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:53 am

Ok, so here's my report on the 25m's.

Friday we resumed the Disciples of Steel 25m Naxx. I was in attendance with Nyctalope and Crazzydk another guild DK joined, and I think I was able to get one more Chronos to tag along (forgetting who) but there was very little interest. This raid got stuck on Thaddius, and tried about 5 times but couldnt finish sadly enough and did not complete the run. On Saturday around 6:30 there were very few online and Sorian msg'd to me that he was calling it off. Severe lack of melee dps drops, it was a real bummer since I brought in a toon still wearing a number of blue pieces I'm still wearing.

On Sunday Cholo Machin performed a full clear of 25m Naxx (and even more in English this time). I joined as Svander at 6:30 server, and the raid took about an hour to form and get going. I could not get any more Chronos to participate, but I brought along Ledgewalker who did a fine job as a mind controlling priest for the first time. Ledge made out particularly well and got four drops, exchanging some green shoulders for their item level 213 equivalent even. This run went a lot quicker than other runs I've been on for the four wings, and did not really begin to slow down until we got to 4H and the last bosses. There was one wipe on Patch because someone started fight prematurely, but other than that pretty smooth. 4H took 3 tries and KT and Sapph both went down in 1-2 attempts.

I felt really bad because I'd done 3 wings and had gotten no loot and then a really nice 1h sword drops (Life and Death) that I win the roll, and another lock was in the group that wanted nothing but a new 1h weapon. I gave him some G out of guilt and I stopped rolling on stuff. The Turning Tide actually dropped off KT and he lost that roll too to someone else and he actually didnt get anything in the whole raid, which sucks. Happens to us all though. Before the sword it was actually Ledge who outrolled me on the few things that were dropping I could use, haha.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:24 am

"This is why I finally left "ninja". "

And you didn't join Chronos?!

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content