Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Inscriptions EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Inscriptions EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Inscriptions EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Inscriptions EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Inscriptions EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Inscriptions EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Inscriptions EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Inscriptions EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Inscriptions EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

Inscriptions Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Inscriptions

3 posters

Go down

Inscriptions Empty Inscriptions

Post  Thinger Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 pm

Since it was asked in another post how inscriptions are going to work, I thought I'd throw up what I've found out so far with my NON-Inscripter chars on the PTR.

Every major city seems to have an inscription trainer and Lexicon of Power, just ask the guards where you can find it. I haven't looked in Shattrath yet, but I will later tonight if I get on.

You need to stand next to the Lexicon of Power to socket your Glyphs (which show up on another tab in your spellbook). It appears you can have 3 Major and 3 Minor glyphs, and all the ones I've seen so far are passive modifiers to an ability (no activation, no cooldown). So far I have gotten a few Glyphs off the auction house and learned that you cannot socket more than one of the same glyph. (Darn you whoever posted Glyph of Flash of Light in a stack of 3)

Other than that, the AH is BOOMING with herbalist trades, so if you have an herbalist, now is the time to gather EVERYTHING, because those first few days/week of the new patch may be VERY expensive to find herbs.
Thinger
Thinger

http://midnight.evilmag.com

Back to top Go down

Inscriptions Empty Re: Inscriptions

Post  Yseult Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:59 pm

ANY type of herb?
Yseult
Yseult

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Thinger wrote:Since it was asked in another post how inscriptions are going to work, I thought I'd throw up what I've found out so far with my NON-Inscripter chars on the PTR. ...
You mind pointing me in the direction of the thread in question? Because I smell shenanigans

and yes, I have a lot of time today considering I'm at home sick.

As far as herbs go, I'd say anything above silverleaf and peacebloom. Earthbloom is a push. It would be wiser to farm for things like Ghost Mushroom, Plaguebloom, Dreamfoil and anything that was pre-bc but around the 250 level needs of alchemist. It is around that level that all professions seem to be the hardest to level (I've maxed Engineering, Alchemy pre-bc and Jewelcrafting) Once you get to Outlands it's an easy ride until 350.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Thinger Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Inscriptions as seen in Beta
http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription

Leveling Guide (also from the Beta)
http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Guide/Inscription
Thinger
Thinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Thinger Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Thinger
Thinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

The post you pointed to was about "Where will they place inscription teachers" not so much how does it work.
One of your links does at least state where we can find the inscription teachers, I'll give you that.

However to rerail at least what I'm seeing as a contributing thread, I'll state this much.

From the looks of the inks it looks like that things like Silver Leaf, Bruiseweed, Kingsblood, Goldthorn/Khadgar's Whiskers, Sungrass/Blindweed/Firebloom will be used in high quantitites to get to just 150 without problems. However you're going to have large quantities to mill (the same as a jewelcrafter's prospecting) the ingredients needed, especially the last 5 herbs I mentioned just to get to 300.

I would say start farming now. Some of those herbs, are still hard to find, however the ones I've mentioned are the more common of the herbs for their level.The ones I haven't mentioned are either hard to find or very valuable to alchemist (You ever try farming Ghost Mushroom or Plaguebloom?) Some of the herbs I've listed can be found in outlands (around Hellfire Peninsula or Zangamarsh.)

I almost want to guess that blizzard put the herbs that were used the least as some of the primary components (however I"m not going to put it past blizz to put herbs that alchemeist and scribes are going to compete for.) I say this because I have a several stacks of bruiseweed, but when I was leveling alchemy, i discovered it was pretty much worthless. So this may be a way to bring certain herbs back into the market and raise their value to all players.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum