Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80????

4 posters

Go down

Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? Empty Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80????

Post  Ulalume Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:39 pm

With WotLK release now terrifyingly close I feel rushed to prepare for the event. The question is how do I prepare? Do I wander around collecting peacebloom in Dunmorog? Do I save my badges? Do I throw a bunch of agility on my gear and start revamping my kitty form set? Another concern is how the guilds will function in WothLK. Since we all will no longer be concerned about raiding I wonder if the comraderee will be the same. Although there have been some mentioning of leveling in groups, from my experience people lvl solo for the bonus mob exp. I wasn't there for the old world/ BC release so I'm totally ignorant to what is going to happen. However, I'd like to be prepared for the new changes. I guess my question is how do I get ready, how should I think about leveling.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? Empty Re: Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80????

Post  Holydrisst Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 pm

My idea has been that, You gather as many quests as you can that are lvl 70 quests, complete them all, group quests too) and dont turn them in until WoTLK releases, and when it does, turn in all the quests and gain the edge on everyone, i know im a genius, no need to tell me
Holydrisst
Holydrisst

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80???? Empty Re: Preparing for Wrath and Leveling to 80????

Post  Malagathorum Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 pm

With the consideration that gear will not be nerfed on your first WotLK quest, you'll be geared up pretty well. So that won't be an issue. I guess one of your concerns should be, IMO, should I hold my badges? I will be, I don't see wasting what I have, this late in the game in stuff that will fail after lvl 75. Also, I believe the guild/guilds will have a new opportunity to gel together a little more as a team. To get to know each other and get familiar with play styles, habits, attendance and the like. Also, there are going to be many 5-mans and (raids at the end) that we will all need each other for. I know for me that I don't want to do a Ex. Ramparts like instance at 80! It sucked at 70 and I felt like I lost a bunch of opportunities with my guildies for fun times. So, to sort of answer your question...Don't overly worry about it. Your an awesome tank and you'll only get better with the NEWER experiences your gonna get! Have a good time and I hope this wasn't a waste of your time.
Malagathorum
Malagathorum

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Drisst has a point.

I would also suggest that if you don't do it that way, don't get all caught up on a specific chain. Or collect as much gold as you can now. By level 76/77 you're going to need 950 gold to get Cold Flying Training (yes that's what it's currently called) so that way you can fly in Northrend without any problems.

As far as the herb things go.

There are going to be a lot of people who are going to want to do inscription. While Inscriptions will probably allow you to modify your character, I question to how far it will let you. However, for all you enchanters, you now have the chance to pass your enchants to people via the auctionhouse.

And while everyone says getting peacebloom/silverleaf is key. I think you've got it wrong. I say go ghostmushroom, briarthorn,plaguebloom,dreamfoil and every herb that isn't in outlands that made you curse to look for. If you've done alchemy you have a GOOD idea what I'm talking about. If blizz is nice however, they may have changed it so that the surplus of what we needed is what we'll level with.

take a few days herbing in WPL/EPL/Ungoro/Silithis

Black Lotus anyone?

I also suggest that if you have stuff that's instance specific (nethergon energy bottles for instance) or stuff that's rep specific (scryer/aldor items) you either mass grind it out now, or just throw them up on teh AH for your complitist friends.

If there are any rare instance recipes you want in all proffessions, rersearch them and get a group to go farm it now. I don't even want to talk about worlddrop jewelcrafting recipes (it hurts too much to think about.)

If you're main hasn't hit 375 (or even 300) start now. You have 2 months. You're gonna hate yourself if there is something cool and you can't even start on it when you get to northrend *looks at hunter engineer alt...*

as far as Solo XP versus group XP.

yes, solo xp will be a lot less when grouped, but keep in mind, you'll finish things faster in a group. If not, find a leveling buddy and go at it in a group of 2 (perferably one dpsing and the other possibly healing.)

get as much good gear as you can now.

I know I was attached with the idea of going back enhancment, but I'm pretty sure my elemental gear BLOWS my enhancment gear out of the water. And yes, I do have several items from kara (just wish I could get the mail chest.)

Summery: Get a lot of money, if you herb get rare alchemy herbs, find a leveling buddy, get rid of unneeded items, get what you want for your proffs now. Give Droxia gold.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Malagathorum wrote:With the consideration that gear will not be nerfed on your first WotLK quest, you'll be geared up pretty well. So that won't be an issue. I guess one of your concerns should be, IMO, should I hold my badges? I will be, I don't see wasting what I have, this late in the game in stuff that will fail after lvl 75. Also, I believe the guild/guilds will have a new opportunity to gel together a little more as a team. To get to know each other and get familiar with play styles, habits, attendance and the like. Also, there are going to be many 5-mans and (raids at the end) that we will all need each other for. I know for me that I don't want to do a Ex. Ramparts like instance at 80! It sucked at 70 and I felt like I lost a bunch of opportunities with my guildies for fun times. So, to sort of answer your question...Don't overly worry about it. Your an awesome tank and you'll only get better with the NEWER experiences your gonna get! Have a good time and I hope this wasn't a waste of your time.

Didn't see Mal post this. I guess I do write essays.

I honestly think this. at 70 (or even 71) there is more than likely going to be a "Hellfire Ramparts" instance. The trick will be finding that one and doing that one at 71/72 (or for some of our alts 68/69)

Since there are 2 starting zones, I say we all need to figure out if we're going to stay in the same starting zone and move up together, or if we're going to split up and do our thing. Personally I don't care. I do however plan on staying in one zone with one alt (Drox) and going to the other zone with the other (Warran)

When I hit 80 with both, I'll probably be bringing my tailor (Flintskin at 61) through BC and than through northrend. However I may change this and start powerleveling her now.

and yes Mal, you're probably right. I know I have msised a few things knowing a few 70's at 61. So I definilty wouldn't mind doing a mass instnace run (how the heck do you think I got stuck with all that rep?)

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down