Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

+5
Lirixia
Aitkindrum
Scimmia
Svander
Blurage
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 Empty Re: @Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

Post  Svander Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Scimmia wrote:I talked to clownbabie today and he can come as a lock if need be. I sent him a raid invite.

There were a few times we were looking for another participant and players who had accepted invite or who expressed interest like Clownbabie and Apocalipx were nowhere to be found.

Chronos who were there for the duration were:
Scimmia
Lirixia
Nyctalope
Berniemac (joined a little late)

I dont think there was anyone else, which was a bit disappointing.

Frostine told me she'd be late, but never logged as far as I can tell. Darkprowler was a no call/no show. Boo!

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 Empty Re: @Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P

Post  Ulalume Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Lol what is the point of posting an attendance sheet of a raid on a social guild forum? Showing up for raids is optional and not enforced. Are trying to you guilt them into showing up and staying the whole time? I'm sorry if I seem dense here but I honestly don't get the point of posting attendance and railing on people who obviously don't care about showing up for a raid. Your post isn't going to make them care. Even if they said they would show but in the past haven't should you really expect them to show this time? Blind hope wastes time and emotion. Cut your losses!! Some people just aren't as devoted to raiding as others which is ALLOWED it's a SOCIAL GUILD!

BTW: I'm not here to start fights I'm just calling it how I see it : / So please treat it as a discussion not a fight.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:12 pm

Acygnus had problems with his video card, it sadly ended up dying and he died atop a mountain in storm peaks somehow and kept restarting his comp so he could get an image but it would evantually turn into a black screen.
I actually think we did good, it sucks we took a bit too long to form group and a bit explaining fights, but pther then that I think the time can be shortened to great extent.
The main reason why I said on a prior post as well to invite extra people from your guild is because I know it is a casual guild, there are times I see 10 people and times I see 20 of those 10 or 20 only like 10% wanna do something and thats fine cause it is a casual guild. The point is if we invite more people the odds of having more then 5 people might increase.
From my guys I can always get 15-20 people.
Oh and I apologize for freaking out a bit on thaddius the fight is way easy to loose 5 people in the beggining. Sad
Also we had wayyy too many healers...
Anyways we should complete it tonite, we will start at 6:30 see you then

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:20 pm

It maybe a more casual guild, but some members accepted invites and then did not show or offer an explanation. Organizing a raid is a pain in the a$$, and it's very frustrating for those who did take the time out of their day to devote to the task. Not only does it take a lot longer to get going if the established party are not available, but actually running the instance is slower with a abundance of pug'd members who may need extra explanation.

The implication is if that happens regularly, invites stop coming. If you're not sure you can do a run at a set time then don't accept the calendar invite. If you're on the fence about it, log into the game when the raid is scheduled to happen and see if there are free slots.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 am

Btw
I was reading SK loot system and I am really liking it.
what do you fee about SK?

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:52 am

Isnt the Scorpion Kick loot system - invite a bunch of PUGs to your raid and then give all the drops to your members? Haha, they are notorious for that.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 am

Also, is Acygnus's machine working again - and/or is he coming tonight?

My talent points were oriented towards dps, though swapping my armor out I can still tank. I spent 2/3rds of what we ran yesterday wearing my tanking armor and in frost presence. Doable but not optimized.

I could go respec even more tank-centric for this afternoon (I was lacking some of the dodge/parry type bonuses) and had instead gone for stuff like Improved Icy Talons and extra crit.

It's very murky on a DK at times to say what you are specced for since its so easy to swap roles.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 am

I'm good for 6:30 tonight. Sorry i had to bail before the attempts on Thadd last night.

As for SK, I've been in a few raids that use SK and i have mixed feelings. For main rolls it seems to work out more fairly, but still not horribly fair. Since you do a random roll at the start, someone from the beginning has very little chance of getting any loot. Which is why this only works on static groups so that everyone get cycles through.
I also know some of the discussion was about offspec stuff and what not. SK doesn't really address this tho since it only based on main spec items. Unless we setup our own rotation for offspec items there can still be loot whoring.

Maybe I am a little bitter from the runs I have done with it, but I ran with the same group two weeks in a row and got nothing because of the SK loot system... I know there is no guarantee i would have gotten and item with open rolls or anything, but my odds would have been better. Just my two cents.

Scimmia
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:23 am

I really liked the idea of use 1-100 for your first main spec roll, then 1-80 for the next item that comes up, 1-60, etc. Each time you get something your odds go down a bit and other's improve.

But I got confused when it came time to roll for offspec. Do we do the same thing, start at 1-100, go to 1-80 when we get an offspect item, etc.?

The whole mainspec/offspec split is about to get a lot more vague when healers/tanks/dps can dual spec and change roles between bosses. People need to be able to gear up their preferred playstyle with priority but the legitimate need for multiple specs is going to increase.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:33 am

SK= Suicide Kings
3 rolls to define priorities and roll with that everytime a mainspec item is attained you suicide your points.

For the current system all offspec rolls will always be off 80 and never have the chance to beat a main spec even if the main spec is rolling out of 20. Main spec rolls decay by 20 every time you win an item, the issue with it is my comp crashed and the notepad got lost Sad. Ima write it in a notebook next time, lol.

The idea is to gear up the specs you use not something you might use.

See yall tonite at 6:30 to finish cleaning the instance

cheers

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:04 am

Yeah I've ran with groups before who have used Suicide Kings--though it would be "simple" for master looters, I agree with Scimmia, we need to have a consistent group running together since if we have to pug members (like last night when ppl left) they will be ruled out for loot automatically.

The 1-100 roll system seemed to work actually, successful for trying it out for the first time with this group.

Where it gets confusing for me personally, is ppl who are just main spec-kinda like mages and locks (priests can still do off specs for healing/dps etc). When it comes down to us rolling against someone else's off spec roll-are the rolls going to keep decreasing by 20? or stay at 80? Example, the roll off between me and Psticotico for the dps neck. Just wanting to clear that up (forgive the noobishness >.<) Rolling Eyes

**On a side note-as a suggestion: for ppl who have difficulty making that jump with Thaddius ( like moi Embarassed ) have mages/priests cast their slow fall spells to ensure we get everybody there and ready to down him ^_^ Ptico is my new mage buddy lol bounce

I think we will be good to finish up tonight's raid-invites were already sent out to those that were there yesterday--see you tonight cheers
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:09 am

I will definitely request people to cast levitate on the people who cant make jumps
Lol at okara failing the jump 11 times
The fight is easy as long as you run close to the edge you will make it.
And for the switches, as soon as he casts, stop dps, look at your buff and run... while you run dot thim up Very Happy
ey y gracias por ser paciente conmigo anoche, me exaspere un poco Razz

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 am

Are there any simple consumeables that slow fall? If there are those might be nice.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:47 pm

How'd the rest of the run go after I had to leave?
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 pm

1 wipe on 4h which was the one right before you left. then we filled up and killed him, so 2 shot.
1 shot Thaddius (Okara failed at jumping horribly)
2 Saph wtf at people randomly jumping when there are ice blocks, lololol
1 shot KT

Kaor came in Mt it very we got a hunter pug.

Run went pretty good, I was happy with it, a bit slow but thats cause I took time explaining things.
Next time it should roll faster.
We did figure out though that MOnday is not that great a day for raiding either for the Cholos or the Chronosians.
Which is definitely good insight.
By the way I do have some recommendations. Razz
Lirixia would you be willing to try affliction as a spec? I know you loose some dps in trash but you gain a crazy amount of dps for bosses.. as well as having many instant cast abilities that can allow more mobility to you. Now that you have a lot of gear we can get you to destroy the dps meters Very Happy
Nyc/svan you did hella good, hopefully next time you can come as frost dps and do hella strong dps, or the frost/unholy hybrid, which is imo the best dps spec.

Anyways i shall create the event today and promote Frostine, Scimmia, Svander and Lirixia as moderators so you can invite more people who would be willing to come.
We will be better and better every week, with both invites and performance, just need some patience Razz

CHeers

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

I figured I would come as my affliction warlock Svander on the next run, actually. It would be good to keep Liri as Felguard spec if I am affliction. I can be near the top on boss fights with Svander.

Nyctalope will probably remain frost tank spec for awhile. When 3.1 hits in a week or two I will be dual dps-tank again. Havent tried the frost/unholy hybrid out actually.

Can't believe I missed a Thaddius jump, I was kind of in shock when I did that and sorta screwed up, but we still got him down. Apparently that was my first time to complete the 25m on the death knight, because I got an achievement.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Scimmia Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Nice! Glad to hear it went smoothly. Since mondays are bad for both guilds, are we still doing it sunday? If so we need to do it in one night. I can't make it this sunday either, im leaving friday for a climbing trip. I'll be back next tuesday tho.
Scimmia
Scimmia

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 am

We should be able to clear it in 3-4 hours
Making the group and teaching pugs and new people takes a bit and with less explanation and more people knowing fights this should be much faster.
Anyways as soon as 10 man Ulduar hits we should stop doing naxx and concentrate on that.
I would recommend spending your badges as well since a new set of badges comes out as soon as the patch hits.
Maybe we can have a meeting when you come back on tuesday to see how we balance groups between cholo and chronos to be able to tackle Ulduar 10 with 2 full strength groups.

Cheers

Btw Cholos run Maly 10 tonite liri and scimm and whomever is interested, contact Tinbo or anyone from Cholo to get an invite for it. I will not be able to make it, going to try a new fusion restaurant that opened Smile

Anyways cheers and see you guys

Blurage

Back to top Go down

@Scimmia, Frostine and leaders of Chronos, members even :P - Page 2 Empty Easter

Post  Svander Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:22 am

Just occurred to me that this coming Sunday is a holiday and I'm not sure how that will affect member availability. Me, I personally would rather run WoW raid than hang out with my family - I'm just in a miscreant place in my life at the moment. I can envision it causing us to have some problems filling up as early as we'd like.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lirixia Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:05 am

Really!!?? Pretty blue dragon!! cheers Yay-I'll go--just if you could post what time they are going cause yeah....i dont see any of your cholos on for me to ask lol ^_^

Gracias!! alien
Lirixia
Lirixia

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:43 am

Lets see what happens with signups
It is a bigtime holiday over here and I had forgotten.
Well most certainly pelucona will be running one around 6 server.

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 am

I know, my family wants me to go out with them on Easter now. Guessing we are going to run into a lot of that this week. A 6server raid would probably work better for me now as well.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blurage Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Cholos wanna try and run 2 10 man naxxes tonite
Hopefully some Chronosians can come along and make this happen and we can talk about the 25 man and when it is best. I know my family is extremely catholic so I have to go see them on sunday and stay there.

Hope to see yall tonite

Blurage

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 am

I do know that a lot of Chronos tend to log in about 6-7p server time on weekdays, so I'm just guessing that it will be difficult to find many of us to populate raids before then. Very doable, and I myself will try to be online.

Sunday is mainly iffy due to this week's holiday. It would be evening before I can log in as the current plans are panning out.

For me Saturday is also out (I have..uh.. Morrissey tickets, haha) though I can't speak for the rest here.

If there are many Cholo online on a Friday, that is often a pretty good raid time and I would rather be doing a 25 than a 10 on Friday.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ledgewalker Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:56 am

I would like to raid with you guys on Sundays but unfortunately 1 server is to early for me to commit to ahead of time. This Sunday i should be on later in the night (my guess is drunk) but i would still be up for a run.
Most days i am on by around 3:30 server
As far as 10 man nax i do have my DSP warrior Heim that needs to start running nax. But i can always bring ledge to. Still need few more things for my healing set to.
Ledgewalker
Ledgewalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next