Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
I feel Retarted EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
I feel Retarted EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
I feel Retarted EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
I feel Retarted EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
I feel Retarted EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
I feel Retarted EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
I feel Retarted EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
I feel Retarted EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
I feel Retarted EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

I feel Retarted Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

I feel Retarted

3 posters

Go down

I feel Retarted Empty I feel Retarted

Post  Ulalume Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 am

I was incredibly bored today and spent most of my play time at the hold and Strat because I was farming for a real death charger. During one of my runs through Strat I was thought to my self "wandering plague is supposed to be and epic aoe but I never see it proc; if it doesn't proc in strat then something is seriously wrong." So I payed close attention to my combat log and sure enough after 10 runs the damn wandering plague never proc-ed. "Useless -insert many distasteful profanities- talent," I yelled at the screen. On my return trip to the hold I promptly shoveled out 50g to respec and put the three talents I wasted on wandering plague else where. I fully read and inspected every talent I spent points on. I even went over to inspect the stupid wandering plague talent to compare to some other blood talent only to discover that wandering plague isn't a disease that procs by chance...it's a spell you have to cast. So yeah not only have I wasted a huge number of dps and threat that that spell could have provided the months I've had Ully, but I spent 50g to respec to the same talent build I had. Some days I seriously question my I.Q. I'm not the only one who has done something like that..am I? >.> I'm going to get flamed aren't I...
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

I feel Retarted Empty Re: I feel Retarted

Post  Svander Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 am

Really? I always thought wandering plague just proc'd when you had a crit go off. It never occurred to me that it was an active spell. I am specced deep unholy right now and didnt take that talent because it didnt seem to add much dmg.

Really annoyed right now how many people think Frost is the tanking spec and will deride you for showing up as Unholy when unholy has really good dmg mitigation abilities too. There may be some cases Frost pulls it off better, but in 5 mans not much. Bone Shield, magic resistance, extra dodge, and AOE abilities to pull group threat are really really good tanking skills. Screw Frost!

I got kicked out of a Violet Hold run last night because I was 1) unholy and 2) not dual wielding. Wtf, it's nearly impossible to dual wield tank without a very specific spec to maximize that. Blizzard wants DK's to tank with 2H - Ghostcrawler outright confirms this on the msg boards. They claimed my parry wasn't high enough because I wasn't dual wielding - despite being at 19% parry and the fact that DUAL WIELDING CAUSES THE BOSS TO PARRY _YOU_ MORE.

Idiots. But yeah... point is, people that don't play DK's dont really understand the mechanics well. I had someone else ^&%$# and quit a group because he had Unholy Aura on him and didn't believe I was in Frost Presence.

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Not to be the spelling nazi Id, but you mispelled "retarded" and some other words :p

I was tanking (I'm blood spec for DK) an instance and I'm complaining to this one guy (unholy DK) because he's attacking every other mob in a group except the one I've dictated the group to be attacking as a single target together, and when I start telling this guy to assist me and top attacking random mobs because he's pulling threat and aggro off me and onto himself, his response is "well you're giving off Blood Aura so obviously you need to swap over to Frost Presence and that way you can hold aggro". And then I replied "I am in frost presence a**hat now listen to the tank, me, and stop giving the healer more than one target to heal from stealing my aggro."

The guy ended up causing us to wipe 3 times and finally I left the instance. My friend who was still in the group whispered me about how the guy was trashtalking me about being such a horrible tank that couldn't hold any aggro or put any real DPS on the target to hold aggro and that was why he kept pulling threat. So my friend pretty much ripped him a new one about how he needed to listen to instructions and stop causing the party to wipe over his own stupidity or she was going to make him pay all our repair bills, which he should have.

Some people are just stupid to the simple mechanics of paying attention to instructions and logical sense.
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Svander wrote:Really? I always thought wandering plague just proc'd when you had a crit go off. It never occurred to me that it was an active spell. I am specced deep unholy right now and didnt take that talent because it didnt seem to add much dmg.

Really annoyed right now how many people think Frost is the tanking spec and will deride you for showing up as Unholy when unholy has really good dmg mitigation abilities too. There may be some cases Frost pulls it off better, but in 5 mans not much. Bone Shield, magic resistance, extra dodge, and AOE abilities to pull group threat are really really good tanking skills. Screw Frost!

I got kicked out of a Violet Hold run last night because I was 1) unholy and 2) not dual wielding. Wtf, it's nearly impossible to dual wield tank without a very specific spec to maximize that. Blizzard wants DK's to tank with 2H - Ghostcrawler outright confirms this on the msg boards. They claimed my parry wasn't high enough because I wasn't dual wielding - despite being at 19% parry and the fact that DUAL WIELDING CAUSES THE BOSS TO PARRY _YOU_ MORE.

Idiots. But yeah... point is, people that don't play DK's dont really understand the mechanics well. I had someone else ^&%$# and quit a group because he had Unholy Aura on him and didn't believe I was in Frost Presence.

Actually I don't think it's an active spell until after the patch or something. I managed to miss read the talent thus making me more of a moron. As for unholy tanking: yeah I love the huge amount of aoe's we can lay down and givin that you have taken the right talents from the other specs unholies have as good if not better mitigation as frost (until the patch hits and they nerf the !@#$ out of bone shield and ice bound fortitude). And lawls to people who think our auras are representative of which presence we are in. Tris is funny because when I'm tanking spec I don't have an aura so I guess that is why I was never questioned and perhaps its also because I'm a leet tank that people put on their friends list after I pugg something ("OMG unholies can tank can I add you to my friends list!"). Yeah I'm an arrogant ^&%$# sometimes which is probably not a good paring with my stupidity oh well.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:44 am

Well, my understanding of bone shield is it goes from 40% mitigation to 20% mitigation plus an amount that scales with your defense. So if you are 540 it goes up to about 35% again. And with Frost Presence getting a buff it seems that basically you are going to get the same effect if you pop bone shield while tanking - it just wont be as good doing dps/pvp.

IBF's lost ability is being rolled into the improved Frost Presence, so its not so bad.

But it sounds like they decided to nerf Gargoyle damage by about half which really sucks for unholy. And the death strike glyph which I like to use is not going to return as much health either. I think this is something I am dreading the most, since I rely on death strike a lot and have seen some 6000+ heals with it. I have gone back and forth with having Rune Tap in my spec, getting a free 4000+ heal every 30 seconds is really really hard to give up for some extra armor or parry.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 am

Sucks on the gargoyle. I spec'd down far into into unholy to have it and the ghoul and considering the gargoyle doesnt stay that often in the fight since its duration is based off of RP, it really sucks they're going to nerf its damage. If they do that they might as well make it stay around longer.
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Well, as it is the Gargoyle often does more damage than Blood's 51 pt talent Dancing Rune Weapon which is also on a 3 min timer.

Gargoyle is really awesome when you pop it, but I think they are both reducing the damange AND time that it is active. So big big nerf on the Gargoyle.

Blizz is trying to buff Blood spec even though so many DKs take that anyway. I tried Blood and liked it, but I'm better at an unholy rotation.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm

SmokeGSU wrote:Sucks on the gargoyle. I spec'd down far into into unholy to have it and the ghoul and considering the gargoyle doesnt stay that often in the fight since its duration is based off of RP, it really sucks they're going to nerf its damage. If they do that they might as well make it stay around longer.

Ghouls aren't that great in my opinion. They die to quickly in battle and often times get you into trouble in instances. I know you are supposed to put them on passive and activly control them but I dont have the patience for that. So I don't spec into having a ghoul. Does it hurt my dps when I'm dps specced? Not at all! I'm able to keep up and surpass DK that have a ghoul and a full set of T7. I don't know how that is but there you go. I had a ghoul for leveling because it was convienet to have a 'partner' when questing and when I was learning my class. Now the damn thing is just ugly and uselss. As for the gargoyle however, I'm going to miss having it ALOT that thing would really bump up my dps in boss fights. Being specced as an AOE dps really hurts when I'm in a boss fight because the huge amounts of damage I seem to create depend on me aoeing several mobs. So I'm a little hurt. Although I don't think I'll give up unholy as my tanking spec, I do think its high time I tried blood for dps, especially since I use a two hander.
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 pm

[quote="Svander"]
Idiots. But yeah... point is, people that don't play DK's dont really understand the mechanics well.[quote]

Alot of DK's that play the class don't understand the mechanics well; hence my troubles trying to tank for people that first month, so many bad DK's gave the class a bad reputation and still do to this day. WE ARE NOT THE NEW HUNTARDS!!
Ulalume
Ulalume

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 pm

I've been amused lately that I've gone to instances to unholy tank, and sometimes I'm the top DPS as well.

Svander

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeGSU Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 am

*nods* it's true, I witnessed it. I was there!
SmokeGSU
SmokeGSU

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum