Chronos Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cooking with Chronos
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm by Ilthaelyn

» Resurrecting!
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 5:39 pm by Frostine

» story time!
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:49 pm by Kyux

» raid selfies?
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 am by Ilthien

» Gear check
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm by Ilthien

» Raiding characters
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:22 am by Ilthien

»  On the breeding habits of the Draenei
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am by Ilthien

» Thien's New choppa!!
For Those Going to ZA. EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am by Ilthien

» Raiding times
For Those Going to ZA. EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:31 am by PetiteEtoile

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Gallery

For Those Going to ZA. Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

For Those Going to ZA.

3 posters

Go down

For Those Going to ZA. Empty For Those Going to ZA.

Post  Ulalume Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 am

The first four bosses in the zone each have a hostage NPC. Upon entering the instance, a timer starts. When it runs out, all remaining hostages are killed. When a hostage is rescued before the timer runs out, it opens a chest with extra loot, and adds some bonus time on the timer. The feeling is quite similar to the infamous 45-minute Stratholme runs ( [60D] Dead Man's Plea) in vanilla WoW. Since the first four bosses can be attempted in any order, there's some leeway for raids to choose a matching boss depending on competence and group make up.

Concept art of Zul'AmanNalorakk Nalorakk, the Bear Lord is the easiest fight in Zul'Aman. He's a fierce creature the size of a Zul'Gurub berserker with the head of a bear. The encounter is still pretty complex: As the raid makes its way up to the bosses platform, Nalorakk sends waves of trash mobs to attack the party, the last of which consists of trolls mounted on bears accompanied by two trolls. You cannot initiate combat with Nalorakk until these last four trash mobs are dead. During the fight, Narolakk alternates between his troll form and a bear form.

Akil'zon The eagle-headed Akil'zon in the north-western corner is the second-easiest boss and most raids attempt him next after killing Nalorakk. This boss sends waves of non-elite eagles against the raid as they engage elite trolls on the way up and fend off elite trolls from the flank (Akil'zon gauntlet). The boss fight requires some attention and skillful maneuvering by the entire raid, but after some learning is rather easy to master.

Jan'alai Next up: Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk hybrid. The path to him is rather uneventful (when compared to the first two bosses), still packs of fierce trolls and patrols calling for reinforcements offer some challenge. The boss fight itself has an interesting twist. On two pillars, two lairs of dragonhawk eggs are located. If the eggs are smashed, adds spawn from them. During the fight, the boss periodically summons hatchers to smash the eggs. Although it's tempting to kill the hatchers as soon as they spawn, it's better not to do so and let them crush some eggs, because when the boss' health reaches 35%, he spawns all remaining eggs. Besides this, the boss regularly throws a lot of bombs, which the raid has to learn to avoid.

Halazzi The last of the animal bosses,Halazzi the Lynx Lord, is a very hard-hitting melee/shaman based boss. There's not a lot of fancy tactics, it's mostly a gear check for the tank and healers. With Kara/Gruul gear alone this fight is very difficult, at least some SSC/TK/ZA gear is recommended.

Hex Lord Malacrass After the four animal bosses are all defeated, the way to the inner sanctum opens up, leading to Hex Lord Malacrass and the big man himself. Malacrass earned his lofty title by weaving the dark magic that enslaved the animal gods, but alas, his in-game representation is as inert as the lynx and eagle lords'. The trash mob groups leading to him require some skill to master, and the boss himself needs very good interrupts. Besides dealing large amounts of AoE damage to the entire raid, he frequently casts heals which must be interrupted by all means.

Zul'jin The end boss of the instance is Zul'jin. The fight consists of five phases, while the boss shifts through all of the animal aspects encountered before. Each of the phases requires a different tactic, a key to success is survival - all raid members must learn what to do in each phase. To bring him down is the crowning achievement in any Zul'Aman run, the instance is clear!
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

For Those Going to ZA. Empty Re: For Those Going to ZA.

Post  Droxia Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:42 am

First I'm shocked you copy and pasted and didn't site a source.
I'm pretty sure this info is from WoWwiki.
2nd WoWhead comments also suggest doing it in the order of Eagle > Bear > Hawk > Lynx.
Since Dark is leading the show, he'll probably determine how we knock this out.

Also, other than phat loot - 13 badges are earned. Finally, I believe a 20 slot bag can be collected from the quest outside.

Good luck to everyone going.

becaues I plan on rolling on everything I want <.<

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulalume Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:08 am

I could have linked it but i figured that if I just posted it people would be more inclined to read it. It is in fact from WoWWiki and not from my own experience (I didn't intend it to look that way). I thought the brief over view of whats going to happen would be beneficial but by no means a complete walkthrough. But no harm done right? Smile
Ulalume
Ulalume

Location : Breezing through Ulduar while reasearching the next patch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Svander Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:41 am

Did ya'll do a ZA run last weekend?

Svander

http://fiercepancake.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Droxia Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:49 am

Zul'Aman happened. I will say that 3 bosses were downed but no chests were gained. For those that could go it was a learning thing, but seeing how we did, it made me question a few things.

Droxia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum